Archived If you use a giftcard can you use the 10% discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but don't buy gift cards for yourself for the purpose of using your discount. Spot no likey that.

You can do it, you just can't use them right after you buy the card.
I did it for a while when Spot turned me down for a red card.
I just bought the gift card when I got paid and used it for two weeks.

Lol the phone guy said buy the giftcard then use it for the iphone he said use your 10% and I'll also use my 5%

You can do it, you just can't use them right after you buy the card.
I did it for a while when Spot turned me down for a red card.
I just bought the gift card when I got paid and used it for two weeks.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the discount didn't work with giftcards.

guys - the issue is that you cannot use your non-Target debit or credit card to buy a gift card - then later use that gift card with your discount. It's not appropriate to do that as a work around.

It costs Target to process that non-Target card, then you get your discount.

When I am shopping, and I buy several things as well as a gift card, the register will not apply the 10% off to the cost of the gift card. Of course I am using my Target debit card, since I want the extra 5% as well. Check your receipt - it's on there separately.

I don't think they care. It's only doing it once. Sorry I don't care what target thinks.

Actually they can. Its listed in the TM discount policy as a violation. Do it if you wish, but if you get caught, nice knowing ya

Certainly they have the right to refuse service to anyone but other than that there is no law that allows them to refuse me purchasing a giftcard and then using it later to apply my discount. While it depends on the people in leadership roles at stores this is up for much discussion. At my store I, as well as my fellow leaders couldn't careless if a team member wants to do this. We are there to support each other, not to push them into unemployment.

I have my redcards and don't need to do this, but for those who are lazy it is a viable option if you want to go through the trouble.

Thing about using a gift card is that AP can track that number, especially if there's a TM number attached to each trans.
Especially if the card is reloaded again & again.
But hey, nobobdy EVER gets caught. Right?

Certainly they have the right to refuse service to anyone but other than that there is no law that allows them to refuse me purchasing a giftcard and then using it later to apply my discount. While it depends on the people in leadership roles at stores this is up for much discussion. At my store I, as well as my fellow leaders couldn't careless if a team member wants to do this. We are there to support each other, not to push them into unemployment.

I have my redcards and don't need to do this, but for those who are lazy it is a viable option if you want to go through the trouble.
It may not be a law, but I'm pretty sure it's a company rule and since you work there, you have to follow the rules or suffer the consequences up to termination.

Me personally, it's not worth losing my job or even putting it at risk for such a stupid thing that can be easily avoided.

It may not be a law, but I'm pretty sure it's a company rule and since you work there, you have to follow the rules or suffer the consequences up to termination.

Me personally, it's not worth losing my job or even putting it at risk for such a stupid thing that can be easily avoided.

I agree with you 100%. But I just think if it were a company policy they would just not allow you to use your discount with a giftcard, it'd be more simple that way..

It is actually a violation of company policy to buy the giftcard with a credit card and then use your giftcard to use your discount.

But, I do it all the time. If AP is going to hound me about that while people are walking out the door with products, I guess they have made that choice. I buy a gift card once a month and just use it all month for sodas, etc.

The reason I do it is because 1) I got tired of people asking me for money at work and 2) I in no way trust Target with my checking information. I know that sounds naive, but I have had some run arounds with large companies and personal info before. I don't have direct deposit with Target either.

I only plan on doing it once to buy the iphone 5 so I don't care

You can use your TM discount with a giftcard as long as your don't buy a giftcard for yourself using a non-Target Credit Card/Debit Card

Hi everyone, I'm glad I googled Target and found this website. Nobody EVER mentioned it in almost 2 years!! Thought I would make this topic my first post since I have a little experience on the subject. You can buy all the gift cards you want and then you can use them with your discount. JUST PAY CASH for the card! My name kind of gives it away, but I do work in AP and we do frequently catch team members violating this policy. Usually because they buy the gift card with a credit card and then 10 seconds later in very next transaction they use it with their discount. Per HR policy from corporate to "achieve fair and equitable treatment of all team members" :wacko: first offense is final warning, second is termination. Same goes for letting someone else use your discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back