Archived I'm a GSTL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had any GSTL training yet so I'm still working as a GSA. We have hired quite a few new cashiers. Most of them are minors. Our ETL-GE said we no longer have the new cashiers go through the training materials. They are just paired with another cashier for a couple of hours then put on a register. It's sink or swim. They aren't doing the alcohol training either. The HRTM just tells them the answers when they take the quiz. She is telling me this is new policy company wide. I'm skeptical, to say the least.

It's the same at our store. I am an HRTM but I don't tell them the answers. I kept one of the cashier training books and let them use it to make it easier otherwise a lot of cashiers have to take the test over and over until they pass it. A couple of questions are kind of tricky. Our GSTL doesn't even let them shadow another cashier for a couple of hours. She gives them about 30 minutes :eek:. I did fine with the 30 minutes of "training" but I have years of cashiering experience which made it easier for me. There is no training at Target.

Yesterday we had a GSA call out and they called me in to work her shift. I have never had any GSA training or GSA shifts but they know that I know the front end/service desk very well and I have supervisor access. Everything went well. It was supposed to be my day off but I will take 8 hours of overtime ;).

If you see that your newer cashiers are struggling, challenge your GE re: training. There is no reason not to give new team members in any workcenter proper training.

Well In a predicament at my store, I literally was promoted GSA, first shift on thursday in charge, and I was offered a GSTL position at another store. Because I have a brother who Did an ETL interview(current SrTL hardlines), and was told about an issue that arose. Was told He cant even be a SrTL if he has family who works in the building. But He was given the go ahead to be an ETL if I was to transfer stores. SO I am most likely at this point going to do what I need to to be a GSTL at the other store. Any idea how Training goes? As for GSA training I literally have not had official training, just me asking random questions or figuring it out.

I have no idea about training. If there was any computer training for GSA I never did it. Should I have access codes as GSTL that I didn't have as GSA? I'm glad we aren't hiring right now.
ETL, "You need to do the first interview with the guy at the kiosk."
Me, "I've never done an interview."
ETL, "It's easy. Just look over this while you walk the 10 steps to the kiosk."
Heaven help me. lol

I have no idea about training. If there was any computer training for GSA I never did it. Should I have access codes as GSTL that I didn't have as GSA? I'm glad we aren't hiring right now.
ETL, "You need to do the first interview with the guy at the kiosk."
Me, "I've never done an interview."
ETL, "It's easy. Just look over this while you walk the 10 steps to the kiosk."
Heaven help me. lol

Welcome to Target training. Just grab the interview questionnaire and read the questions and write down the answers and decide if you like them or not :p. Your HR TM member should have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back