Archived I'm a PA with no boss. Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently a PA (Perishables Assistant) and my store has no CTL, my "boss" is a Senior TL, who is in charge of all of hardlines and softlines, and has no idea about anything Market related. I am in charge of pfresh, dry market, trucks, vendor relations, and everything else food related besides Cafe. I also received no real training and every time I ask for it, nothing happens. Is this normal? I don't really know what a CTL should do if I had one, but I kinda assume I'm doing it. Am I wrong?

Sent from phone so sorry for errors.

We have no CTL. We used to have one, but it's just supervised by Seniors and ETL's in my store currently as well.

That still doesn't mean it's "normal", but certainly not unheard of.

I guess my biggest problem is that after looking at the core roles for PA and CTL, I do all of that. Also it is currently just me as PA and one regular team member, and we are not a slow store.

This is very normal. Target wants to become a big name in food, but doesn't want to invest in it. From under staffing to no training to lack of leadership, Target is blowing their opportunity and just twiddling their clumsy thumbs. I'm a PA, as well, and have had no training outside of produce. I'm always learning and trying to spread what I do know to other team members as I learn.

Our store lost the CTL position and now the HLTL is over pfresh. I agree with @DoWork - food is something they're really trying to push, but they aren't giving it the resources it needs to flourish. Seems to be the norm these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back