Archived I'm an electronics team member, but I'm scheduled as a cart attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstand what the hotline is for. Imagine in they scheduled me outside my avail and I called the hotline? 😂

Are you able to push 7 carts? Have you taken ST0020? Are you cashier trained?

Considering 99% of the people in the building can answer yes to all 3, guess what?

Make sure you stay hydrated!

No thanks, thats not how it works. You can’t just offload your responsibilities on other people. In two years , you get scheduled for 1 CA shift, which causes you to “talk to STL” and ETL, call the hotline, and complain to the whole internet. I can’t do your shift for you. Just call out. But quit complaining man, it’s embarrassing.

The whole issue is that it ISN'T my responsibility lol. Luckily for me, I don't really care if you think it's embarrassing, but you care enough to keep commenting on this thread and yet somehow keep missing the point. That is embarrassing.

The whole issue is that it ISN'T my responsibility lol. Luckily for me, I don't really care if you think it's embarrassing, but you care enough to keep commenting on this thread and yet somehow keep missing the point. That is embarrassing.
On second thought I would love to work your shift, send me your store info in a private msg.

If you don’t have CAs, do they just train everyone on the cart mover?
To be fair most stores in my district don’t use them so I’m sure OPs store is the same. In my opinion their a waste of time. Yeah they require less manual labor but take way longer to accomplish the same task. The pros and cons don’t equal out.

If you don’t have CAs, do they just train everyone on the cart mover?
They don't use the cart mover. Everyone does it by hand lmao.
I think you misunderstand what the hotline is for. Imagine in they scheduled me outside my avail and I called the hotline? 😂
Try reading next time. I literally responded directly to you on this in post number 6.

To be fair most stores in my district don’t use them so I’m sure OPs store is the same. In my opinion their a waste of time. Yeah they require less manual labor but take way longer to accomplish the same task. The pros and cons don’t equal out.

Interesting. We are in a huge shopping complex and the carts are always faaaaaaar away. Mover is the way to go.

On second thought I would love to work your shift, send me your store info in a private msg.
Tap out.
Business. Needs. You can't call in /when they pull you from the boat to grab a row of carts..... are you sure THIS is really worth burning a bridge with your store's leadership?
They don't pull electronics to get carts. Ever.
During your interview did you answer yes to the work in other areas of the store question?
That is not a question that they asked me and I doubt it's a question that they ask at all during an interview.

Call out of this shift and you may find yourself being the go-to carts guy when it gets busy. Target leadership isn't exactly known for forgiving and forgetting.

But it's your choice; do what you want.
The whole reason they don't pull electronics is because someone needs to be able to assist guests at any point back there, but sure if they want to inconvenience themselves just to make a point they can try it. Also, that's a pretty bold generalization about leadership.

Are you able to push 7 carts? Have you taken ST0020? Are you cashier trained?

Considering 99% of the people in the building can answer yes to all 3, guess what?

Make sure you stay hydrated!
Ok.

The whole reason they don't pull electronics is because someone needs to be able to assist guests at any point back there, but sure if they want to inconvenience themselves just to make a point they can try it.

Which is why they specifically scheduled you for it instead of pulling you out of an electronics shift. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Also, that's a pretty bold generalization about leadership.
Not really if you've ever heard how TEAM leaders speak behind closed doors.

Just think, at $12/hr as Target's minimum base rate for TEAM members, you're making $4.75 more than someone with your attitude should be making. Bonus!

But what do I know - electronics TEAM members are indispensable and more important than those lowly cart attendants

The whole reason they don't pull electronics is because someone needs to be able to assist guests at any point back there, but sure if they want to inconvenience themselves just to make a point they can try it. Also, that's a pretty bold generalization about leadership.

Do whatever you want, man. All of the responses on this thread have been pretty unanimous. I also love how you called the hotline instead of talking to your ETL or HR lol.

So to answer your original question, yes. Your leadership can and will schedule you wherever they feel that the business needs you. Like someone else said, when you interviewed for your job you likely answered "yes" to crosstraining or working in other areas of the store.

Which is why they specifically scheduled you for it instead of pulling you out of an electronics shift. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Not really if you've ever heard how TEAM leaders speak behind closed doors.

Just think, at $12/hr as Target's minimum base rate for TEAM members, you're making $4.75 more than someone with your attitude should be making. Bonus!

But what do I know - electronics TEAM members are indispensable and more important than those lowly cart attendants

I'm not going to get through to you, so I am no longer going to try.

Talk to your store mgt about the concern. Disagreeing with us does not solve the schedule issue.

You are correct. Goodnight everyone.

They don't use the cart mover. Everyone does it by hand lmao.

Try reading next time. I literally responded directly to you on this in post number 6.
No I saw it. Just dumbfounded you called the hotline over your schedule😂 I’m stating you clearly don’t understand what the hotline is for. They couldn’t answer your question because that’s not what they’re for.

I get it. Dude got hired to do one thing. That's what he was told he would be doing that thing when he agreed to work for Target. It's disrespectful to schedule him for something completely different outside in the heat without asking him about it first. He's human, not a robot.

But, come on, man. Making way too big of deal out of it. And, a boss who is going to treat someone like that in the first place is going to be petty and even worse now. Sometimes it's better to grin and bear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back