Archived I'm having problems with my store's STL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store's STL (and an ETL as well) keeps talking down to a lot of people in my store (myself included) and I have no idea where to begin with reporting this kind of stuff. I've tried talking to my ETL/Team Lead but all they could say was to just keep track of anything bad they say to me or my coworkers. I've tried reporting to the helpline but that just feels like shouting into a void as nothing has ever come of it. A lot of my coworkers have agreed that there's a problem but none of us can figure out what to do about it. A lot of the problems include favoritism and generally being rude, talking down to us, acting as if she's far more important and knows what to do so much better than the rest of us, even giving a lot of us bad reviews that aren't right.
Any ideas of where to take this? We're tired, burnt out, and losing some of the best on our team to this.

Give me an example of how she’s talking down to you.
If she is not harassing, discriminating or threatening anyone, there is not much you can do.

There is nobody to report it to.
You have a crappy boss(es) and unless the store tanks its sales, Spot isn't going to do anything about it.
Talking down to you, treating everyone like crap and generally being rude is just another day with some bosses.
You either put up with it to get paid or move on to a new job.

Sorry for not being able to give you better advice but I've had a shitload of awful bosses.
All I can say is it really isn't worth it unless you don't have a choice about where you work.

Crappy boss is crappy.
A lot of the problems include favoritism and generally being rude, talking down to us, acting as if she's far more important and knows what to do so much better than the rest of us, even giving a lot of us bad reviews that aren't right.
Spot is more than happy to turn a blind eye to some of this stuff, because they technically believe some of that to be true. She IS more important than you (in Spot's eyes) and her paychecks reflect that. She SHOULD have a better understanding of how the store functions. The favoritism and rude stuff is just the icing on the shit cake.

I'd recommend a new job or a transfer to another store if you're not willing to wait it out. I've had bad STLs last several years before getting the boot, unfortunately.

Get yourself sexally harassed. Report it. Professionalism isn't their strong suit. Take advantage of that.

Last edited:
They are not gonna do anything especially not the hotline. I had my former tl now hr tl lie to saying that I was gonna still be in grocery and that I was only two days week at shit avenue and that wasn’t gonna close and I was gonna get more hours only for it to be all a fucking lie. I was now permanently at shit avenue. She did to give my job to somebody else she favored. Called the hotline and they didn’t do shit. Instead this awful bitch was given the hr job and she’s fucking terrible at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back