Archived I'M IN A TEST MARKET FOR THE NEW TARGET CARTWHEEL PERKS PROGRAM AND HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF IT SO FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow that is actually hella cool

I love that it gives you points just based on your overall purchase. I'm already eyeing that free book reward for when/if it shows up in LA county

We're pushing it super hard right now. As a bonus, we have also stopped asking guests if they want a redcard and are focusing entirely on getting them signed up for cartwheel. ETLs claim this is unrelated, but I haven't seen anyone else post about the end of redcard goals.

The perks mainly appeal to loyal Target shoppers since you need to spend $500 to get a reward, but the freebies so far have been up to $25 in value. I view it as a bonus for just doing my normal shopping and buying things during breaks.

Oh wow that is actually hella cool

I love that it gives you points just based on your overall purchase. I'm already eyeing that free book reward for when/if it shows up in LA county
The rewards change pretty frequently so far. A few weeks ago there were a lot of BTS offers.

The rewards change pretty frequently so far. A few weeks ago there were a lot of BTS offers.
I will fight them if I don't get a free book :C

Though I am curious as to how it works, point wise. Do you just get a reward when you pass a certain point or can you save up points and get multiple of the same reward

I will fight them if I don't get a free book :C

Though I am curious as to how it works, point wise. Do you just get a reward when you pass a certain point or can you save up points and get multiple of the same reward
You get 10 points for every dollar spent, and right now there is only one reward level of 5000 points. So I assume you can keep banking them, but there isn's really any reason to.

I believe it gives you a coupon when you choose to redeem the points, and you just swipe right from your cartwheel barcode to show the coupon barcode.

At rite aid I get 20 % off regular price on everything everyday cause I spend 1,000 a year. So why can't target do this ???

It's actually great but the prizes kinda suck to me except the free headphones

My store is a test market too. People are loving it and like the other poster, we are pushing it hardcore with talking points, flyers, etc. Redcards have definitely taken a back seat. ::::collective sigh of relief from all cashiers at store #____::::

We are in a test market too. Already have gotten free sunglasses for one of my daughters and a free pair of heavy C9 sweatpants for one of our sons. I shop after every shift and use cartwheel all the time, and I'm loving the perks!

We are in a test market too. Already have gotten free sunglasses for one of my daughters and a free pair of heavy C9 sweatpants for one of our sons. I shop after every shift and use cartwheel all the time, and I'm loving the perks!

You sound just like me.. Giving our paychecks back!!

I'm in a test market as well and I'm liking it. I got the update almost a month before the official live date, and I'm almost up to 10k points, due to groceries mostly.

We have "cartwheel ambassadors" that are on the floor talking to everyone and trying to get them signed up for it now. Not sure how long that will last, but its pretty nice. If nothing else, they are the first responders for back ups, since they are in the front ends workcenter.

Overall, I think its a good addition and an easy sell. Get the folks signing up to list our store as their home store and bam. We get credit for it on some metric somewhere.

Looks like no more scanning cartwheel for guests without cartwheel at checkout :)

That's gonna suck. My main issue with cartwheel as far as helping guests is that I always feel bad when people who are less tech savvy.. or old people who have flip phones see a cartwheel sale sign and are all confused. I wonder how we'll "make it right" for those guests.

Seems to be too good of a deal, they might tone down some of these rewards once they are done testing. :(

Saw something that they are testing 2 sales pitches: one in conjunction with standard RC pitch and one where there are to be ZERO RC requests and only Cartwheel pitches for 6 weeks. Stores will get "relief" from RC goals at the end of the 6 weeks to compensate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back