Archived I'M IN A TEST MARKET FOR THE NEW TARGET CARTWHEEL PERKS PROGRAM AND HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF IT SO FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like no more scanning cartwheel for guests without cartwheel at checkout :)
I have been told that is the case, as you are not allowed earn points from purchases you did not make. Don't think it officially available here, despite hearing of people in our city that are getting rewards. In any event, I am still using my Cartwheel to help guests, but letting them know that will end sooner or later.

I wish they at least gave the other stores a heads up about the new perks, because someone came to our store and asked us about the perks, and even our GSTL was like.
11177744.jpg

So I had to explain to them what it was about.

Can't wait for this. I just wish my store had a Starbucks, because I'd be using that free coffee all the time.

Actually, if this does roll out nationwide, how could we even sell red cards? We'd be telling people that the MORE money they spend the more free stuff they get, and then turn around and sell them something that makes them spend less money, thus getting less points on their purchase??

Actually, if this does roll out nationwide, how could we even sell red cards? We'd be telling people that the MORE money they spend the more free stuff they get, and then turn around and sell them something that makes them spend less money, thus getting less points on their purchase??
Well you scan cartwheel before the redcard payment goes through so I'd imagine the cartwheel calculates the amount before the 5% is taken off.

The Red Card is a joke during the holidays anyways. everyone gets free shippin regardless. You would think they would at least give REd card holders faster free shipping. Or what about days with 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10% or something? As far as I know, Target red cards have never went over 5%. Or what if they did in december instead of 5%, it is whatever your state sales tax is ... something cool like that

The new perks program is great. The points really add up pretty fast. I seem to always be picking up Dog Food or something another. Just remember to have the cashier scan your cartwheel even IF the things you are buying are not on cartwheel.

The new perks program is great. The points really add up pretty fast. I seem to always be picking up Dog Food or something another. Just remember to have the cashier scan your cartwheel even IF the things you are buying are not on cartwheel.

Yes. We are constantly telling guests to scan Cartwheel anyway because of the points. Of course, this is if Cartwheel even opens which is iffy lately due to craptastic store wifi and multitudes of guests trying to get on. But... you can scan your receipt barcode when you get home and get the points anyway.

I also have the Target Cartwheel Perks on my Cartwheel App, but I'm not near one of the cities they are testing. (I guess I got randomly chosen). It does add up pretty quick. The best Perk by far right now is the free water bottle because it works with the Kleen Kanteen bottles (which are $35+).

I've noticed some glitches with the new Cartwheel too. Sometimes their exclusions don't work. For example, recently there was 30% off all bedding/towels/etc but not for clearance. Guess what? Scan Cartwheel and clearance merchandise is allowed. Then other times, it is way too exact. A guest is buying a 24 pack of Charmin which is clearly allowed with the Cartwheel offer but when the barcode is scanned, nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back