Archived I'm really getting sick of getting chewed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
:spiteful: Trying to return a movie that was opened because "the audio didn't work". Then chewing me out for 10 minutes verbally assaulting me calling me every name in the book. I was ready to throw her across the room. Had to go on break afterward I was so irate and pissed off. I was ready to kick seven shades of s*** out of her. I don't get paid enough for this crap. Sometimes Guest Service can suck! This was me today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdT5mFAk-Y "This is not Nam there are rules..."

You do not have to sit there and take that ****, I don't. If a guest starts yelling or cussing I inform them it's not needed. If they continue then I am done with them. You can get your little revenge also but be tactful about it, you can explain things to them like they are 5 to ensure they have a clear understanding. Nothing will piss those attention whoring rage ****s off more than being treated like an idiot.

Too many people have somehow gotten the idea that if you stand there and yell you will get what you want.
That being stubborn and causing a scene will make a company back down.
Perhaps it's the 'the customer is always right' BS or calling them 'guests' but it seems to gotten progressively worse over the years.

Too many people have somehow gotten the idea that if you stand there and yell you will get what you want.
That being stubborn and causing a scene will make a company back down.
Perhaps it's the 'the customer is always right' BS or calling them 'guests' but it seems to gotten progressively worse over the years.

Lol. You're right. But as we all know, the crotch dropping is not always right..

Calling me an effing ***** for not accepting your stolen goods will not convince me to further your crack addiction. It will only convince me to say, "Hey, smile at that camera so that we can get a good shot of your face. I want to remember my finest moment today."

Today I had a guest get pissy with me because she had an expired Target coupon for $1.00 off diapers that we told her we couldn't take. She got all snotty and said she just bought the diapers that the coupon was in and we should rotate our diaper stock so there won't be expired coupons in the packages, and "It's a dollar!"

A. How do I know you just got the diapers? I didn't see you buy them.
B. I'm not arguing over a dollar, you are!
C. Nobody rotates diapers. They don't spoil! (Can you just imagine the look I'd get if I told the backroom team to rotate diaper stock!?)

The cashier who called me over to talk to this charming woman told me afterward that she asked the guest if the diapers had an expiration date, for which I thanked her, although I doubt the woman picked up on the point she was making. When I got there the woman insisted on talking to "someone else" so I ended up giving her the stupid $1 off because I knew the LOD would cave right away. Ugh--long rant about a little thing but sometimes I just can't believe the battles some people will choose to fight.

Service Desk ain't for sissies, to say the least.
That said, carts doesn't guarantee you any less abuse. I've had cars cut me off as I was bringing a line towards the door or coming down an aisle; drivers honking because I didn't get out of their way fast enough (while they sat there yakking on their cell); mommas leaving their kids in the hot sun because their STUFF was more important to load before their kids; people watching me empty a cart chute then come up & shove one in instead of giving it to me; cars that have clipped the cart mover while I was RIGHT NEXT to it. There's tons more you all could add but this is just the tip.

Today I had a guest get pissy with me because she had an expired Target coupon for $1.00 off diapers that we told her we couldn't take. She got all snotty and said she just bought the diapers that the coupon was in and we should rotate our diaper stock so there won't be expired coupons in the packages, and "It's a dollar!"

A. How do I know you just got the diapers? I didn't see you buy them.
B. I'm not arguing over a dollar, you are!
C. Nobody rotates diapers. They don't spoil! (Can you just imagine the look I'd get if I told the backroom team to rotate diaper stock!?)

The cashier who called me over to talk to this charming woman told me afterward that she asked the guest if the diapers had an expiration date, for which I thanked her, although I doubt the woman picked up on the point she was making. When I got there the woman insisted on talking to "someone else" so I ended up giving her the stupid $1 off because I knew the LOD would cave right away. Ugh--long rant about a little thing but sometimes I just can't believe the battles some people will choose to fight.

I was just reading people complaining about this today on Spot's FB.

Quick semi-related question: expired coupon attached to the outside of the product: honor it or not?

^This.
Those coupons are attached by vendors & should be pulled off when expired but certainly not honored.

We honor them. Thank the guest for pointing it out, and send someone to remove the coupons.

Its not worth .50 to tick a guest off. Just deal with it like we left an ad sign up.

We honor them. Thank the guest for pointing it out, and send someone to remove the coupons.

Its not worth .50 to tick a guest off. Just deal with it like we left an ad sign up.

While you aren't wrong, I still usually won't do it. I have an inherrent distrust of anyone who feels the need to argue over 50 cents, or a buck, when they are clearly wrong. I lump them in with coupon scammers, change scammers, and theives. I don't want these people in my store, so if I can influence them to go elsewhere, I will.

That isn't to say there aren't exceptions, sometimes I'll genuinely trust the guest, the cashier will tell me they see them all the time and have never caused problems, etc. However, I expect our guests to be able to read, it's not my fault if they can't.

Sometimes they haven't even taken the coupon off, so I'm the poor schmuck who discovers it's expired first. I'm not certain they are "cleary wrong" when it's the vendor that has drawn the guest to the product with an expired (sometimes by many many months) coupon.

And guests read? Ha! Either people like to operate under the idea that if they don't read it, then the exclusions don't count, or they are incredibly lazy and don't feel reading it is worth their while. I never expect that a guest has read me anything they have handed me....unless they are looking for loopholes....then they will have every word memorized (usually incorrectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back