Archived I'm tired. I want to quit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
I hate going to work. Perhaps it's going into work extremely early in the morning but I have to force myself to get in the shower.

I'm just wondering what my options are here. I can afford to quit because my boyfriend makes enough to support our family. But at the same time, I enjoy having money for myself.

Besides venting, I'm here to ask hour hard it is to ask for a reduction in hours?

Just change your availability. But, I suggest you change your attitude.

YOU applied for a job with Spot... I'm sure they didn't call you.

Just change your availability. But, I suggest you change your attitude.

YOU applied for a job with Spot... I'm sure they didn't call you.

I don't know how to change my availability.

I know how you feel. I dread going in on many days. I recently asked HR to schedule me for no more than 20 hours as that is what my availability is. Now I'm being scheduled for 10 hours a week for the next 2 weeks. Kind of a relief to not have to go in. However, I'm sure I will miss the money on my paycheck.

You do it in ehr. If you need help someone from tsc can help you

After the past week I have had, I'm ready to quit too.

Most of the time, the hr people at my store are too busy to help you with anything...that's why I'd prefer to figure it out or ask you guys because this site has soooo many helpful people!

I know how you feel. I dread going in on many days. I recently asked HR to schedule me for no more than 20 hours as that is what my availability is. Now I'm being scheduled for 10 hours a week for the next 2 weeks. Kind of a relief to not have to go in. However, I'm sure I will miss the money on my paycheck.

Nice. The money is what keeps me going...I like spending money. I think I would be happy with 3-4 hour shifts at least.

I sort of feel the same way. Getting real sick of flow shifts but I like having the hours (and the rest of my workcenters). Adjusting your availability's a start (I know some of our flow TMs can't work weekends, for example) at least. Long term I'd suggest looking at other part-time options with better working hours.

@Kartman: 'Til you've ridden the hormone rollercoaster, back off.

@FlowChick: Next time you're at your store, log onto to eHR.
Click on MyTimeSelfService & look for the availability tab.
Click on that & it should bring up a week grid. You can put in avail & the max number of hrs weekly you prefer, then submit.
If approved, it would take effect when they're making the next schedule so you'd still be working what is currently posted.
Be mindful that it might not get approved. At that point, you'd need to talk to your ETL & HR but they should be willing to work with you in light of your pregnancy.

Sorry if you've been through the whole baby thing before so I'm telling you what you already know but it's going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.
The being tired all the time, the sore feet, the aching back, etc.

The usual bullshit that you could have put up with before is going to get much harder to deal with.
Your priorities are shifting and if you're like my ex you will find that brake that keeps you from saying things that first come to mind.

Focus on what's best for you and the baby, don't let Target get to you.

I sort of feel the same way. Getting real sick of flow shifts but I like having the hours (and the rest of my workcenters). Adjusting your availability's a start (I know some of our flow TMs can't work weekends, for example) at least. Long term I'd suggest looking at other part-time options with better working hours.

Yea plus it's hard because this schedule makes it hard for me to be with my family. My mom takes my kids to school and I should be the one doing it but I work. It's hard for me because I feel like I miss out on a lot. Since my kids spend the nights at my mom's, they feel like their home is her home.

What are your shifts like currently? If you are commonly staying past the end of your scheduled shift, start leaving on time.

Talk to your TL and/or your ETL to see if you can come in later and work less hours (there is a TM at my store who works flow 8a-noon so she can get her kids to school). Also try taking a week off.

You can request time off and change your availability in eHR if you are logged in at a store computer (make sure to ask your leaders since they will need to approve it).

To get to eHR:
- Go to a computer in the breakroom or TMSC and open the eHR icon on the desktop.
- Log in using your TM number and the same password you use to check your schedule (there are instructions if you haven't set one up yet).
- Click the link for myTime in the middle of the list of links in the center of the page.
- The rest is pretty easy to figure out.

Last edited:
@Kartman: 'Til you've ridden the hormone rollercoaster, back off.

@FlowChick: Next time you're at your store, log onto to eHR.
Click on MyTimeSelfService & look for the availability tab.
Click on that & it should bring up a week grid. You can put in avail & the max number of hrs weekly you prefer, then submit.
If approved, it would take effect when they're making the next schedule so you'd still be working what is currently posted.
Be mindful that it might not get approved. At that point, you'd need to talk to your ETL & HR but they should be willing to work with you in light of your pregnancy.

Yes my ETL-HR and TL have both reached out to me that if I need to take some time off or anything to talk to them. So that makes me feel better. And thank you for having my back.

I also feel like the people I work with don't understand at all. Some people I work with could care less that I'm pregnant and want me to help with a bunch of the heavy stuff. And I've already had some complications. So I guess it gets on my nerves when people try to make pregnancy seem like it's nothing...

Well again, if you don't have anything beneficial to add to this post, gtfoh. I don't need to hear your bullshit. If you don't like what I have to say, hit the back button!

Nah but there's a difference between hormones and demandng people wait on you hand and foot during pregnancy.
Just judging by "I'm allowed to have whatever attitude I want" its the latter
Funny, all I saw was asking for help in changing avail.
I mean, we DO offer advice on this site. No?

Yo! My big toe hurts!
Cut me some slack!
Kartman if you're not gonna be helpful, go find another thread to "not be helpful" on.
Better still, go play with all your PPE toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back