Archived I'm tired. I want to quit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One women told me her plan was to work until her water broke.

Is that the way it's done? I hope I'm not there when that happens...
Depends on a lot of variables. Is the woman experiencing any complications or physical changes that affect her ability to do her job safely and comfortably. What was her work ethic before becoming pregnant? Also depends upon her finances. Many Target TMs are on some sort of government assistance and can't afford to take off of work even if they feel miserable, so alot of women work until their water breaks, literally.

I too am experiencing this dilemma. OP & I are very similar in this regard (with the exception of the pregnant part). I hate my job and I often hate going to work most days, and I could quit if I wanted to because I don't NEED to work at this time, but I like having money to spend. Being able to save & spend money on certain comforts makes me happy. So it's a trade-off.

Also, don't listen to that one poster who's just being a nag. He doesn't contribute much to this forum anyway.
If you hate your job so bad and can afford to quit...then why not just leave? You could find another job to give you spending money.

Congratulations on baby. Ginger tea good for nausea. For instant relief use ginger root. Tastes horrible but chew boldly, wash it down quick, relief is nearly instant. Best of luck boy or girl?

Once you have kids you ALWAYS see lots of poops.......& barf & snot & every other bodily fluid kids can erupt.
When I was GSA (before hazmat was de jeur) & a kid barfed, I could count on any of my mama cashiers to help clean up if we didn't have a CA.
Hell, sometimes the CA looked like HE was gonna lose his lunch but the mamas could clean it up faster than you could say Pepto Bismol.

Once you have kids you ALWAYS see lots of poops.......& barf & snot & every other bodily fluid kids can erupt.
When I was GSA (before hazmat was de jeur) & a kid barfed, I could count on any of my mama cashiers to help clean up if we didn't have a CA.
Hell, sometimes the CA looked like HE was gonna lose his lunch but the mamas could clean it up faster than you could say Pepto Bismol.
Yup, I call a parent to be my second if I'm cleaning barf. Less likely to lose it themselves.

Aren't some words just funny sounding....like "barf"? I wonder where that word came from.....
Although, perhaps "barf" is the best word when you call eating something in a hurry "snarf."
Snarf it down and barf it up! Sounds like a cheer, doesn't it?

If you hate your job so bad and can afford to quit...then why not just leave? You could find another job to give you spending money.

The problem isnt Target. I like it there. My problems stem from just being exhausted. And tired of people who dont understand. Or just don't care.

Last edited:
I posted something last night and took deleted it bc it would get people mad but enough is ENOUGH!!!!!
Kartman is one of the nicest and most supportive people on this site . Knock it off
I am going to keep my opinions of the way some pregnant women behave at work to myself
As commie says all people are not the same

Are you his wife or something? Every time I see him comment, he's making snarky remarks.

I didn't read all the posts but I'll just say this....

Talk to your leader about what accommodations can be made. I'm a guy, so obviously no personal experience, but every store I've been at has seemed to be very accommodating when it comes to pregnant women. Whether it's reduced hours, change of tasks, workcenters, or even extended time off. I doubt they are gonna tell you no if you come to them in a professional manner and explain your situation.

Just don't go in demanding things.

It's a sad fact of life in the US that paid maternity leave is not the law.

FlowChick came to us with a question and perhaps to vent a bit and some answers were rather snarky.

I have a hard time believing that no one else ever feels the same way, just tired to the point they wish they could quit but knowing they probably should not. I know I feel that way at lest once a month.

All I can say is ask for a new work center while pregnant. Flow seems like a crappy place to be while growing a new life inside of you. As far as who handles a pregnancy better, I have seen it from every way since I started retail. I've seen moms stay till the end and I've seen them last for but a few weeks. It's just a question of how well the body handles what's going on inside of them.

No Im not his wife. I felt bad for him . I am sorry you are exhausted and overwhelmed. That is how I felt when i was pregnant.
This might not seem relevant, but it kind of fits in with being tired. I have made a lot of mistakes in my 6 months at Target, all of them involve saying things I later regretted when I was tired and or hurt. Like many other times, i should have stayed out of the discussion and just congratulated you and wished you well. I hope that you feel better soon.

I didn't read all the posts but I'll just say this....

Talk to your leader about what accommodations can be made. I'm a guy, so obviously no personal experience, but every store I've been at has seemed to be very accommodating when it comes to pregnant women. Whether it's reduced hours, change of tasks, workcenters, or even extended time off. I doubt they are gonna tell you no if you come to them in a professional manner and explain your situation.

Just don't go in demanding things.

I don't demand. If it seems like that's what kind of person I am, I'm not. But when people talk shit. I talk shit back.

No Im not his wife. I felt bad for him . I am sorry you are exhausted and overwhelmed. That is how I felt when i was pregnant.
This might not seem relevant, but it kind of fits in with being tired. I have made a lot of mistakes in my 6 months at Target, all of them involve saying things I later regretted when I was tired and or hurt. Like many other times, i should have stayed out of the discussion and just congratulated you and wished you well. I hope that you feel better soon.

Well based off all the times he's commented on my posts, all over seen his snarky or irrelevant comments that have nothing to add to the conversation. I'm pregnant. Unfortunately I'm quick to anger because of the hormones perhaps. All I wanted was advice from people who were able to change their hours without being fired or something.

It's a sad fact of life in the US that paid maternity leave is not the law.

FlowChick came to us with a question and perhaps to vent a bit and some answers were rather snarky.

I have a hard time believing that no one else ever feels the same way, just tired to the point they wish they could quit but knowing they probably should not. I know I feel that way at lest once a month.

Thank you so much. You're amazing!

I hate going to work. Perhaps it's going into work extremely early in the morning but I have to force myself to get in the shower.

I'm just wondering what my options are here. I can afford to quit because my boyfriend makes enough to support our family. But at the same time, I enjoy having money for myself.

Besides venting, I'm here to ask hour hard it is to ask for a reduction in hours?

Sure. Or you could switch work centers - or stock a different area like HBA (seems like they have the smallest and lightest boxes.)

Tell people "no" when they ask you to help lifting or stocking heavy items. Have your Dr write you a note for work that states you can't lift over 20lbs or climb ladders - or whatever restrictions the Dr. deems necessary.

First tri is exhausting, and by third tri, most women are just "done" with being pregnant. It can really do a number on your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back