Archived I'm training for Receiving and have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My support your audit error, corporate will fix it on their end so the vendor can get paid.

We go live next week with the new app, not looking forward to it. My question is if we lose bcode how will I create scan sheets for vendor product for our upcoming inventory?

@Circle9, you can go under msword & create a barcode.
From another thread:

You can also go into MS word and use the Barcode font to just type TXXXPRTXXXX

This is how I always did it, and I just taped the barcode I printed on to the printer.

I also used this with excel to convert huge lists of dpci's (like item merge) to barcodes so we could scan them.
Thanks
60SecondsRemaining, Jan 5, 2016

Ok, I'm slowly making improvements to my disaster area. I am just curious on other peoples opinions on what things are receivers responsibilities. If I'm being unreasonable I want to be told.

All stores are different. I'm responsible for all the defective in the backroom. EVERY SINGLE THING FLOW TEAM BREAKS, LEAVES BEHIND AND DUMPS. Do you guys get any help with defective?

@Backroomgirl At my store the flow TL has her own chargeback cart for anything that the flow team breaks and she does it at the end of her shift.

I have another question for you guys. Today I had to do a recall for some stuff in pharmacy and a few of the items came up as "Special handling" when I was adjusting the count in the PDA. Do I do anything differently for those? Also, our other receiver had some pill bottles in receiving that came up on the recall and they have little receipts taped to them that say something along the lines of please keep this with the product. Does that have anything to do with special handling? Kind of a silly question. :I Thanks.

Turns out the "too many bins" problem is solved by "send them back," according to MySupport.

@Backroomgirl At my store the flow TL has her own chargeback cart for anything that the flow team breaks and she does it at the end of her shift.

I have another question for you guys. Today I had to do a recall for some stuff in pharmacy and a few of the items came up as "Special handling" when I was adjusting the count in the PDA. Do I do anything differently for those? Also, our other receiver had some pill bottles in receiving that came up on the recall and they have little receipts taped to them that say something along the lines of please keep this with the product. Does that have anything to do with special handling? Kind of a silly question. :I Thanks.
Special handling can mean several different things. Sometimes the MIR paperwork or a followup Redwire will specify what you need to do. Other times you gotta dig the info up on Workbench, like how we're supposed to ship products containing lithium-ion batteries, or when to use ORM-D stickers. I think for that recall, the affected product just got tracked to an ESIM bin?

Those receipts are from guest services, they're just to make sure nobody does anything with the product until you get your hands on it. I toss them soon as I have the info I need printed off and am doing what I need to.

Ok, I'm slowly making improvements to my disaster area. I am just curious on other peoples opinions on what things are receivers responsibilities. If I'm being unreasonable I want to be told.

All stores are different. I'm responsible for all the defective in the backroom. EVERY SINGLE THING FLOW TEAM BREAKS, LEAVES BEHIND AND DUMPS. Do you guys get any help with defective?
At my store Guest Services takes care of any defectives/ESIM from returns. In theory they also handle defectives found on the salesfloor and brought up there but they end up on my desk more often than I'd like. Backroom takes care of their own defectives; they've got a big Sterilite tub on one end and every now and then a TM processes it out. Exception being any ESIM that's busted or found like that while I'm there, then they bring it to me, so it can get taken care of. I take care of flow's defectives tub, which I don't mind. Mostly. Its a neverending battle of "seriously guys, don't put chemicals in the pet food box. Bag your shit, etc." Though I'm starting to wonder if non-flow uses it when I'm not there, too.

I've had some "help" with ESIM before, by which I mean my ETL took the pile I hadn't gotten to yet of "maybe it's defective maybe it's not," and gave it to the "defect it all, let God sort it out" GS team. So I still had to go through it and see which detergent bottles were actually leaking and not just dirty, what cat litter could be taped up and donated (hint: all of it), etc.

There's a "core roles" page on Workbench for receiving but they worded it vague enough you could argue over what it really covers. This is what I'm running with though with varying levels of success:
  • Work with vendors, both in making sure checking in and credits go as they should, they clean up, etc.
  • Process MIRs as they need to be done, i.e. QA ones ASAP
  • Keep up on Redwire messages in the areas you need to. For me this is just the Reverse Logistics category, with occasionally checking LOD or salesfloor for any recalls that don't get put under RevLog.
  • Make sure ESIM is being processed and handled properly and that other teams know what they're supposed to do.
  • Load sweeps and fill out the paperwork
  • Other stuff I'm forgetting right now. But related to the above.
There's stuff I do tangentially that I don't mind helping with but I am not going to let myself be the only one responsible for. Making a fresh bale in the morning. Organizing/cleaning up the line at the end of the day. Making sure supplies are being ordered. That last one's a big peeve of mine right now; pretty sure we're out of bags right now and somebody's going to give me shit about it. Those are things that when I have the time I don't mind giving a hand with but if you rely on me to handle those every time, too bad.

tl;dr: With receiving, you're going to end up taking on extra things as you go, but you have to make sure that a) its not more than you can handle and b) other people aren't shirking their workload by handing it off to you. And sooner or later some of those side things you can stop doing or get someone else to work on also. Which means having your bosses' support and understanding what your priorities are. Or something. I'm starting to feel like this got rambly.

I did see something about ESIM on that recall and that it was supposed to be picked up during the next ESIM pick up. Am I supposed to sort the bottles into an ESIM bin with outbound tracking? I currently just have them sitting in the box our last receiver left them in.

I think so. A few weeks ago a rep should have come in and looked at the vitamins you had on hold and separated out the affected product. Those are the ones that after you do the MIR, use Outbound Tracking and sort them. There should be a Redwire that gives details, including lot codes so you can double-check any recently held vitamins I'd guess.

At least I think so. When they looked at our vitamins here and the guy handed me two bottles and went "these are the bad ones, I don't know what you're supposed to do with them," I just went ahead and defected them out, sorted them to the proper bin and left the rest until they told me the recall was over. So I looked at that MIR today and didn't do anything beyond close it. Which was a dumb move, in retrospect. I should go back and check those lot codes tomorrow I guess. If I have time.

Anyone know a sap number for a ESIM bag holder or dispenser? Searched everything I can think of. We had one tied to the defective tub and need a new one!

We went live last week and was super slow. Took our reciever nearly 20 mins to check in our red bull vendor who had 6 cases total. In the old days I would have had that checked in in less than 2 mins

Shocking. It takes long enough just to process a single STS order; I can just imagine how long a detailed check-in would take.

About the vitamins. It is on redwire to check the lot number and defect those out and place in the ESIM. The ones not listed can be placed back on the floor. The rep never came to my store. I was glad for the list of lot numbers so that I could take care of it.

Shocking. It takes long enough just to process a single STS order; I can just imagine how long a detailed check-in would take.
It's a pain in the back side! Another wonderful idea thought out by someone in an office environment.
The program is redundant, time consuming and receiver unfriendly.

I hate the way it beeps and I hate how you can't see the total aches until the end. If also despise that all label making has moved to my device. PAIN!!!

I thought I had a post venting about the update but my phone ate it. Seriously not a fan of the new update and how slow and clunky it is. Especially the part where I have to use the finicky touchscreens on the PDA for basic things I used to just be able to press a key for. Or how reviewing an order is going to be a pain in the ass, going to have to print off the summary from the PC every time now.

Favorite experience so far is where I tried checking in an RECV order that had their own PO like I've always been able to and after I put in the PO, scanned an item to bring up the vendor (hate how I can't put in the vendor number anymore!) the app went straight to "acknowledged, stamp the papework." What. Can't find a receipt summary and haven't had the time to MySupport it. Plus the receiver I call when I have problems a) doesn't have the update yet and b) didn't know it was happening. She did not sound pleased, I tell you.

And I think somehow it wiped out all my pre-assigned POs.

There's no way to check in only part of an ADSD delivery, right? Refused an order today and the salesperson wanted to know if maybe next time I could not do that. And I've got a salesfloor TL who said he heard we can do that (but I don't think he quite gets the difference between ADSD and RECV deliveries).

There's no way to check in only part of an ADSD delivery, right? Refused an order today and the salesperson wanted to know if maybe next time I could not do that. And I've got a salesfloor TL who said he heard we can do that (but I don't think he quite gets the difference between ADSD and RECV deliveries).
When those that don't know about Receiving come and tell me how to do Receiving I ask them to show me the process, that they are wanting me to use, on Workbench

When it comes to the sales person, suggesting better communication between the two of you may help.

Do you use the white seals with barcode that come on the FDC truck for your sweep too? I have been using the seals that the previous receiver had in the drawer. They are long white zip ties with a square end that says TGT and then a number. Can't find them anywhere on SAP, but do see the FDC kind. ???

Do you use the white seals with barcode that come on the FDC truck for your sweep too? I have been using the seals that the previous receiver had in the drawer. They are long white zip ties with a square end that says TGT and then a number. Can't find them anywhere on SAP, but do see the FDC kind. ???
The sap number is S0015.

Yeah, vendor communication at my store's a mess. That Pepsi salesman claims he's never been talked to about the ordering but pretty sure the CTL' s talked to him. The accept then credit method sounds like something to keep in mind for the future though.

And just to check, displays that can't be sold (e.g. infant car seats) or don't have electronic components get tossed, right? Like, into the compactor. Not piled up in front of the salvage pallet?

At my store they get tossed. Sounds like at your store they get piled up in front of the salvage pallet :(. Perhaps they could get piled in a tub and wheeled to wherever POG is working?

So those crib displays the PMT loaded onto the sweep, also probably garbage?

I don't think many people at my store realize the salvage pallet is for things we can't sell anymore but somebody out there is paying money for so they can try to sell it. Because I get a fair bit of busted Sterilite, infants, etc. And as tempting it would be to make POG take care of it properly, lol. One more thing to put on my to-do list. On top of everything else.

But hey, MySupport finally addressed the ticket I submitted about denying Pepsi's order. Only took them 9 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back