Archived I'm training for Receiving and have some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I think I dun goofed. What happens if you send a CRC pallet along with sweeps without processing it for shipment through the PDA? I was covering for another receiver today and while I was doing sweeps I loaded up 2 CRC pallets into the truck and included them both on the bill of lading, and then set up a new CRC paper for the next pallet. All CRC numbers are in the gun ready to be shipped but I no longer have the barcode to scan on the paper... whoops. I'm hoping it's not too bad since I include the CRC number on the bill of lading. Is there anyway to get it out of the gun though under process shipment for outbound tracking without the paper to scan?

Last edited:
Pet peeve is how many people do not understand the meaning of the word salvageable, not even kidding.
If my pmt loads something on my sweep I take his word that it goes there , but he is very good so I trust his judgement.
We tend to err on the side of caution and send a lot via crc even display wise, but if I can I dismantle items and toss non esim/electronic waste to make them easier to get on my pallet.
And guest service piling crap in front of the pallet is another pet peeve!

Last edited:
Guys, I think I dun goofed. What happens if you send a CRC pallet along with sweeps without processing it for shipment through the PDA? I was covering for another receiver today and while I was doing sweeps I loaded up 2 CRC pallets into the truck and included them both on the bill of lading, and then set up a new CRC paper for the next pallet. All CRC numbers are in the gun ready to be shipped but I no longer have the barcode to scan on the paper... whoops. I'm hoping it's not too bad since I include the CRC number on the bill of lading. Is there anyway to get it out of the gun though under process shipment for outbound tracking without the paper to scan?

If you shipped it via pda its too late but if not you can enter the numbers from your sweep b.o.l. although you should have shipped it via outbound tracking and if so its too late. Maybe send a my support, although lately they are haven't been much help to me.

You'll probably be okay if the DC has the ID sheets with the numbers on them. It took me a couple months to realize I had to ship pallets in the PDA and put together a bill of lading in Outbound Tracking. So when I finally started doing that, I had a pile of pallets sitting in Outbound Tracking and the PDA that didn't exist anymore. Took a few sweeps but they disappeared off the list.

Pet peeve is how many people do not understand the meaning of the word salvageable, not even kidding.
If my pmt loads something on my sweep I take his word that it goes there , but he is very good so I trust his judgement.
We tend to err on the side of caution and send a lot via crc even display wise, but if I can I dismantle items and toss non esim/electronic waste to make them easier to get on my pallet.
And guest service piling crap in front of the pallet is another pet peeve!

This right here. I glance at guest service's ESIM/CRC/Salvage and last Friday I saw a plastic tub marked for salvage with severe structural damage and no lid. Bet it's going to be on my pallet tomorrow. I really should talk to the GSTL about that because I think one of the former GSTLs had the viewpoint that it was better to make the salvage people fill up their dumpter with our shit, then to fill our own dumpster.

This is salvageable, right? Just a few minor cracks on the bottom, that's all.

Talked to the GSTL about things like this needing to processed as "Toss." Probably should have also specified they will need to go into the compactor too. Just in case.

Attachments

• WP_20160801_08_18_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160801_08_18_14_Pro.jpg
    828.6 KB · Views: 20
Another thing that makes me crazy is the target .com returns like the enormous head board I had to fit on my pallet today. The amount of creativity it takes to make those pallets ship able is practically an art form lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back