Archived In our store Red Cards are the only things that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They laid down the law tonight....... They told us in electronics if we do not get Redcards and replacement plans we will get written up. Say what??? Replacement plans I can understand but Redcards? Are you out of your freaking mind?? No one wants Redcards!!! I beg and beg lord knows I beg ( extra pep) but no one wants them!!! I tell you Christmas time everyone wanted them but once that breach hit no one and I mean no one wanted them and it is still that way today. The one guy in electronics said I guess I am getting written up......... I said I guess I am getting written up too....... I laughed and said I guess we will go down together!!!! I know the other TMs in electronics ( dayside) aren't doing well pitching redcards ( based on what I've heard) and getting replacement plans. Basically getting replacement plan isn't going to fly....You must get a redcard and replacement plan that is what you are supposed to do as a electronics team member or you will get written up.

We have termed cashiers at my store for redcards. Just to be green at a high performance store like mine we need at least 16-20 a day. I have a cashier who cheats if that is fake social security numbers or just lying to a guest point blank and saying its not a credit card but a rewards card. I have tried doing a CCA and between my stl and etl-hr the cca gets "lost".

The fact that a cashier could be termed for not getting enough Red Cards is really scary to me. As a cashier, I have never been late, never called out, I always stay late or come in if I can, I am always friendly even when guests are dicks to me, I always zone/clean when I'm not busy, and I make a concentrated effort to be FF&F. I also try for Red Cards, but I won't harass guests or intimidate them. The fact that I and other cashiers could be fired for something not in our control, despite doing a really good job at the lanes for such low pay, is really upsetting.

Also, firing cashiers for not getting Red Cards is a really, really stupid move. Do the ETLs think that the new cashiers they hire will magically be able to get Red Cards when the seasoned, trained cashiers cannot? The management will then have to take time to train the new cashiers who probably won't be able to get Red Cards either, then fire them because they can't get Red Cards and do the whole process over again.

If you are trying they havent and wont get fired my cashiers have 1700 transactions a week the cashier that were let go went about 4 months with not 1 redcard. Thats like 28000 transactions.

The fact that a cashier could be termed for not getting enough Red Cards is really scary to me. As a cashier, I have never been late, never called out, I always stay late or come in if I can, I am always friendly even when guests are dicks to me, I always zone/clean when I'm not busy, and I make a concentrated effort to be FF&F. I also try for Red Cards, but I won't harass guests or intimidate them. The fact that I and other cashiers could be fired for something not in our control, despite doing a really good job at the lanes for such low pay, is really upsetting.

Also, firing cashiers for not getting Red Cards is a really, really stupid move. Do the ETLs think that the new cashiers they hire will magically be able to get Red Cards when the seasoned, trained cashiers cannot? The management will then have to take time to train the new cashiers who probably won't be able to get Red Cards either, then fire them because they can't get Red Cards and do the whole process over again.

This is scary I agree! ....... Firing a cashier is a stupid move. Let's say it was a single parent raising a child and point blank they fired them for not getting fired cards?? It isn't even in the Handbook as a requirement as a employee to get redcards so if someone wanted to get sue happy they probably could have a case especially just said you are fired for not getting enough redcards oh yes they definitely would have a case! Ex- never tardy, perfect performances otherwise etc..... Target is getting stupid.

Last edited:
I rarely cashier and today I did, and I know we are supposed to ask guests for red card but i honestly most of the time never do (whoops) unless it's slow and someone is making a big order. Anyways it was super busy today so I didnt really try and the cashier behind me was asking every single guest if they wanted one for at least two hours and they all said No. I on the other hand asked no one and I got two just from guests who came up and wanted one! Its just the luck of the draw I feel. If they want one, they will ask for one.

Besides the RC our GSTLs want us to have guests fill out guest surveys. We're supposed to ask them to go fill out a survey before they leave the store.
It is very annoying to have a guest say that they will do a survey...and they go to GS and then they're so busy there that the guest has to wait to get "signed-up" for the survey. Me.....well, if I agreed to do a survey and then had to wait a few minutes to do it, I'd get pretty annoyed and leave before they'd get me signed-up....then I'd go home and really do a survey!

Besides the RC our GSTLs want us to have guests fill out guest surveys. We're supposed to ask them to go fill out a survey before they leave the store.
It is very annoying to have a guest say that they will do a survey...and they go to GS and then they're so busy there that the guest has to wait to get "signed-up" for the survey. Me.....well, if I agreed to do a survey and then had to wait a few minutes to do it, I'd get pretty annoyed and leave before they'd get me signed-up....then I'd go home and really do a survey!

Last time I cashed, we just had to tell them about the survey if it showed up on their receipt. One GSTL expected us to highlight the ID and password, but ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Also, said GSTL didn't seem to grasp that it might be difficult to highlight when we don't have highlighters. :facepalm:

We were given highlighters for our surveys....all kinds of bright colors....but no REDs?!
Anyway, at our store they talk about how many surveys we get each week and what our scores are. When our scores go down they say that we need to get guests to do the survey before they leave....gives us a better chance to get good/better scores.

pushing TM's to sign up for red cards (or signing up for red cards yourself to increase numbers) is active at my store... and i hate it. theres no upside to getting a TM to apply for a credit card they aren't getting repeatably. red cards have become a holy grail. the sad point being that hovering over a cashier or striking fear of quotas into supervisors only leads to bad action like this. more often than not, positive reinforcement works to a better advantage with getting people to sell red cards than not.

also, the amount of TM's i've seen and heard selling the 5% off for signing up for the CC, even if the application fails... is alarming to me. from a guest stand point, why not sign up and get rejected if im making a large purchase and get free money off.

We used to offer the five percent no matter if they were approved or not, just to get the REDCard app. Then corporate put the company wide kabosh on that last year, threatening to term people for stealing if they continued. But now I wonder if doing that would fly under the concept of being bold.

We used to offer the five percent no matter if they were approved or not, just to get the REDCard app. Then corporate put the company wide kabosh on that last year, threatening to term people for stealing if they continued. But now I wonder if doing that would fly under the concept of being bold.

I really wish we could do this. This would help the applications.

I really wish we could do this. This would help the applications.

There are a few cashiers who offer to do that if someone applies. I've done it a few myself, but the purchase itself has been maximum $80 (so nothing too huge). At this point, my store is so desperate for RedCards that they semi-encourage cashiers to do such. There's still only about half of us asking all the time (others only ask when a GSA/TL/ETL are around), so they need whatever they can get.

I usually just ask people who are making large purchases and obviously not in a hurry (Sundays are the best for me). I have one GSTL that breathes down my neck about asking *EVERYONE* even if they are only spending a dollar. I'm not going to ask someone who came in to buy a candy bar/jug of milk/medicine if they want to sign up for a red card. Obviously they do not have time at the moment to do so, knowing from experience.

Honestly, only offering 5% initially is silly. Increase that to 10% and a lot more people would go for the red card. I used to apply for the Kohls card just to get the 15% off until I was finally approved then just started using the Kohls card because of the extra benefits.

Grrrrrrr! I was just on my way to break and saw 2 flashing lights on the grocery side. Saw the GSTL standing down on GM talking to a new TM. Called her over & over on walkie. She would not answer. I walk over & find 2 very unhappy guests waiting to get spider wraps taken off. Called again. No response. I walk all the way down there. Tell her I was calling & guests ars waiting with spider wraps. She says "I know. I'll be there in a min. I'm telling her about RedCards."
I'm so sick of this! All the boldness in the world won't work if all we care about is...

Grrrrrrr! I was just on my way to break and saw 2 flashing lights on the grocery side. Saw the GSTL standing down on GM talking to a new TM. Called her over & over on walkie. She would not answer. I walk over & find 2 very unhappy guests waiting to get spider wraps taken off. Called again. No response. I walk all the way down there. Tell her I was calling & guests ars waiting with spider wraps. She says "I know. I'll be there in a min. I'm telling her about RedCards."
I'm so sick of this! All the boldness in the world won't work if all we care about is...

You guys don't have magnetic keys at your registers?

No we don't. Also we often don't have bags, receipt tape, pens or RC apps! We have never had mag keys at the registers.

Only blu-Ray holder stores have magnetic keys at the registers.

Only blu-Ray holder stores have magnetic keys at the registers.

I didn't realize her store didn't use the Blu-Ray cases.

No we don't. Also we often don't have bags, receipt tape, pens or RC apps!

This is often the case at my store. The GSTL who orders the front end supplies isn't always on the ball when it comes to ordering on a timely basis.

You know how some video games have those cases on them that you have to take off? Some stores have their blu-rays in those as well. Apparently those stores have magnetic keys at each lane.

Blue ray cases are clear or black tipped. Red ones are video games cases. I would suggest ordering the magnets for all registers. Better service for the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back