Archived In Today's News: Revamped Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Target's doing this, I want them to allow tips. I'm tired of their no tip policy.

it is a COURTESY to our guests that we offer to bring things to them we are serving THEM and making it convenient for them we can't have our workers expecting tips and actual money.

Plus if they allowed tips I'm about 90% certain they'd use that to justify lowering base pay.

it is a COURTESY to our guests that we offer to bring things to them we are serving THEM and making it convenient for them we can't have our workers expecting tips and actual money.

Plus if they allowed tips I'm about 90% certain they'd use that to justify lowering base pay.
I had a guest give me a tip once and he refused to take the money back. It made him happy and who was I to keep telling him no.

We already did the bring out the order to the guest and that didn't work well.

I had a guest give me a tip once and he refused to take the money back. It made him happy and who was I to keep telling him no.

We already did the bring out the order to the guest and that didn't work well.
I had a similar situation happen to me, but when I brought it to the LOD she just told me I could keep it, lol. But not all stores and LODs are the same of course.

We've had our family restroom for a couple of weeks now.

What a waste of money...

So basically it's the Target Express concept being molded into normal stores.
My store already has more than 2 entrances because we are connecting to a mall, I guess we aren't getting this revamp.

I noticed in the pictures the floors were shaded a brown/tan color. Probably just wishful thinking, but getting away from white floors would save the company an exponential amount of money. A Giant recently remodeled close to me and their floors are concrete, sealed with something that makes them look fairly pleasing.

I noticed in the pictures the floors were shaded a brown/tan color. Probably just wishful thinking, but getting away from white floors would save the company an exponential amount of money. A Giant recently remodeled close to me and their floors are concrete, sealed with something that makes them look fairly pleasing.
A store nearby me that was rumored about a month ago to get a full remodel soon also mentioned the entire floor would be replaced. I didn't think much of it at the time but with this news it could mean the floor surface is literally being replaced.

I visited a store out of state that had implemented some of these changes. The new guest service desk is actually VERY nice. Really clean and professional looking.

A grocery chain here has stained polished concrete floors; looks quite nice.
Thing about spot having white floors is they give the illusion of being brighter, cleaner & spacious, even when it shows dirt/splats more readily.
We have darker tile in our cafe & it just looks dirty & old.

A store nearby me that was rumored about a month ago to get a full remodel soon also mentioned the entire floor would be replaced. I didn't think much of it at the time but with this news it could mean the floor surface is literally being replaced.
So would getting away from waxing them.

When curbside thing did not work. Let's close one entrance & make it a convenience store like 7-11.
7-11 I would LOVE to have that in the place of my pizza hut. When I suggested jokingly to the GSTL that we need a dunkin donuts instead of a starbucks he gave me a serious look and said,'No everyone would be in there eating donuts.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back