Archived In Today's News: Revamped Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know which stores are going to be getting this remodel? Is there a way to check on Workbench to see when their store or if any nearby stores are going to be getting this revamp?

*faith in corporate declines even more*

Yep cause a hotel lobby means we can't actually do work at guest services. The new counter set up is so narrow you can't pass behind someone working a register, the printers are now on the floor where you can't actually reach them. No actual room for ESIM, CRC and Salvage bins and boxes. They didn't put up a cart rail on the wall so the carts we are not allowed to bring behind the counter are now parked along the wall while we sort them out and they bitch that they scratched the wall. Well if we could bring them back they wouldn't be there.

And lets not get started on the drawers for the new hotel lobby counters.. Harbor Freight's cheapest line of tool boxes has better drawers in them than our counters. We have eight drawers the only one not already broken? The locked one with the paychecks.. The rest are all broken the slides don't slide so you have to force it and that is never going to make for a long lasting part..

Yep cause a hotel lobby means we can't actually do work at guest services.

You're assuming anyone district level or higher gives a damn how we do our jobs. Nearly every single thing they've done in the past few years has just added more difficulty to do the same damn job.

Funny how we're all supposed to be more proficient and be able to do everything all over the store, but there's been zero increase in pay for demanding that.

What no tip policy? If you don't tell anyone while you are outside and no one sees anything, who is to say that any money changed hands? ;)
Haha, I suppose. A lot of target stores have cameras in the lots, but my store has a parking garage that's shared with other store. It's easier to get away with it.

This is how I imagine the conversation at corporate went down:

Exec: "Sir, we have so much money we don't know what to do with it. What should we do?"
Brian: "Well, we could give employees more hours, but let's spend it on more useless bullshit instead!"
Exec: "Great idea, sir! Great idea as always! Let me get on my knees and worship you, sir!"

You're assuming anyone district level or higher gives a damn how we do our jobs. Nearly every single thing they've done in the past few years has just added more difficulty to do the same damn job.

Funny how we're all supposed to be more proficient and be able to do everything all over the store, but there's been zero increase in pay for demanding that.

True. And they wonder why people don't give two shits. People who don't give two shits won't make their new ideas work.

This is how I imagine the conversation at corporate went down:

Exec: "Sir, we have so much money we don't know what to do with it. What should we do?"
Brian: "Well, we could give employees more hours, but let's spend it on more useless bullshit instead!"
Exec: "Great idea, sir! Great idea as always! Let me get on my knees and worship you, sir!"

Exec would already be on their knees and would only be saying these things in a garbled way because their mouth is full.

Does anyone know which stores are going to be getting this remodel? Is there a way to check on Workbench to see when their store or if any nearby stores are going to be getting this revamp?

I flat out asked one of the ETLS I trust. They will know. Our store is in the planning stage.

I flat out asked one of the ETLS I trust. They will know. Our store is in the planning stage.

The remodels discussed by the CEO have not been completed yet. LA25 and a Minnesota store (Minnetonka I believe?) have seen remodels the most similar to this. LA25 was an entire store rebuild but also had projects that were scrapped. Minnetonka was mostly focused on the food portion of the remodel, but it was very expensive so again they got all the bells and whistles, but only the top improvements are being selected.

I believe they are taking what they learned in those stores and applying them to a store in the Houston area along with the more recent company focuses that the CEO discussed, but they are just starting now on them.

instead of dolling up the salesfloor and entrances even more... why not downsize areas that don't comp as much... really, how much of our business is generated by bicycles?!... take back this square footage and add it to the backroom and ramp up SFS stores to better generate online sales and capability. That would be a much better long term investment. it is almost impossible to compete with walmart and aldis low priced food. grocery is a losing battle

We sold 7 bikes this week. Approx $150 each. I'm not sure how that compares to sales of equal floor space occupied by other Depts. Just some info for you

Target Is Going to Change the Look of Its Stores

@Rock Lobster what stupid shit is this did you give them this idea

Well, not exactly. That portion is in reference to the new "zebra" devices which are supposed to have the ability to process card payments for both in-store and online orders. Salesfloor TMs will have these devices in key areas, such as the newly remodeled home and beauty areas so that again the process is "end to end"....

The payroll again comes from the end-to-end model. Let's say they reduce "working freight" to 100 hours per truck right now. That is 100 hours spent every day during the day for this project in high volumes and 50 for ULV. That is 6-7 extra 8 hour shifts during the day or 12-13 for High Volume.... What would your salesfloor look like with that many people? What if you reduced those to 6.5 hour shifts? That is 16 additional shifts during the day...

Well, not exactly. That portion is in reference to the new "zebra" devices which are supposed to have the ability to process card payments for both in-store and online orders. Salesfloor TMs will have these devices in key areas, such as the newly remodeled home and beauty areas so that again the process is "end to end"....

The payroll again comes from the end-to-end model. Let's say they reduce "working freight" to 100 hours per truck right now. That is 100 hours spent every day during the day for this project in high volumes and 50 for ULV. That is 6-7 extra 8 hour shifts during the day or 12-13 for High Volume.... What would your salesfloor look like with that many people? What if you reduced those to 6.5 hour shifts? That is 16 additional shifts during the day...

If they don't decide to just cut them as a net savings.
I'm not saying they would do that but...
from what I've seen of Spot that tends to be the trend.

Let's say they reduce "working freight" to 100 hours per truck right now. That is 100 hours spent every day during the day for this project in high volumes and 50 for ULV. That is 6-7 extra 8 hour shifts during the day or 12-13 for High Volume.... What would your salesfloor look like with that many people?
So really, guests are going to need all that help locating items when they have to shop around those TMs pushing truck freight all day long.

We sold 7 bikes this week. Approx $150 each. I'm not sure how that compares to sales of equal floor space occupied by other Depts. Just some info for you

The thing with Bicycles is that nobody comes in to Target and then randomly finds themselves buying a bike (well almost nobody). However, that Bike more than likely is the reason they came to Target in the first place, and god knows what else they bought on their journey through here.

No bike? they would have went somewhere else and all the sales they (could potentially) have brought along the way (not including the Bike).

So really, guests are going to need all that help locating items when they have to shop around those TMs pushing truck freight all day long.

Again, everyone is picturing our current flow process taking place all day. Our current system creates tons of cardboard, backstock, and large vehicles where only half goes out (therefore you have a vehicle twice as big as needed out on the floor). Instead what you should be picturing is a trickle of pulls coming off the truck. They are vehicles comprised of mostly loose freight sorted by aisle. You will roll a cereal cart out of the trailer and go straight to the floor to stock it.

Again, everyone is picturing our current flow process taking place all day. Our current system creates tons of cardboard, backstock, and large vehicles where only half goes out (therefore you have a vehicle twice as big as needed out on the floor). Instead what you should be picturing is a trickle of pulls coming off the truck. They are vehicles comprised of mostly loose freight sorted by aisle. You will roll a cereal cart out of the trailer and go straight to the floor to stock it.

For those products that are Heavy sellers and are loose, yes the Flow process will happen all day, mind you now, it won't be automatically forced either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back