Archived Inconsistent Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so... Here's a thing. One day, i check my schedule and see i have a nice 30 hour week. The next day, it's chopped in half... Then, they have a balls to call me and ask me to come in 4 hours early. And NOW, I check a schedule that had 18 hours, and they cut 2 days down by 30 minutes. Not only that! But they keep offering people more hours to their cut schedules, then sending rumors down the line of there being no hours and no money. I have bills to pay, Target. Just drop your seasonal kids and give me my job back. This isn't gonna fly anymore. At this point, Wal-Mart looks super nice, and we all should know... It is not. I don't get paid enough to be treated like I'm disposable. I've been there for almost a year.

Okay, so... Here's a thing. One day, i check my schedule and see i have a nice 30 hour week. The next day, it's chopped in half... Then, they have a balls to call me and ask me to come in 4 hours early. And NOW, I check a schedule that had 18 hours, and they cut 2 days down by 30 minutes. Not only that! But they keep offering people more hours to their cut schedules, then sending rumors down the line of there being no hours and no money. I have bills to pay, Target. Just drop your seasonal kids and give me my job back. This isn't gonna fly anymore. At this point, Wal-Mart looks super nice, and we all should know... It is not. I don't get paid enough to be treated like I'm disposable. I've been there for almost a year.
Atleast you don’t have 4 hours a week the whole damn month

It's typical for Target, sadly. Something I just learned is Walmart no longer hires seasonals for Christmas en masse. They opted instead to give more hours to thier regular people who already are trained.

What kind of idiot would do such a thing as give the hours to their dedicated, trained staff instead of hiring anything that makes fog on a mirror? :eek:. They must be CRAZY to want to miss out on all the excitement we experience o_Ohttps://www.washingtonpost.com/news...r-hours/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.10eefd3bf281

Hours are given based on availability and business needs. Don’t blame your store. They don’t chose the amount of hours given out. And if you think Wal-Mart is any better than good luck 😂 retail dies down after the holidays.

@Cluelessnewbie Were you checking the schedule for two weeks out? If so, your store might not have been finished writing it yet. It automatically posts to Kronos at a certain time and sometimes stores aren’t done yet. My store finishes the schedule on Fridays for some reason, but I think Kronos posts whatever has been keyed in at noon on Thursday.

I look forward to the time off. Lol. Gads, I have put off chores during the season. One thing I do is save up for these cuts in hours. I bought a gift card when they were on sale, for example, that will cover groceries, etc for a couple of months. This is also when I take vacation.

Retail workers need a break to rejuvinate! Then again, I have 2 jobs, really.

I understand that complaining gets me nowhere, and pretty much everyone is suffering from cuts. Sure, it's pointless and selfish for me to whine about it all the time, but I'm way too used to having decent pay and consistent hours, since my previous job actually cared for the employees. I can't go back to them, since I had to move, and I can't get a second job because I only have enough time in the day to eat, sleep, and do a morning routine. People shouldn't have to get 2 jobs, give up free time, and struggle to live. This isn't fair to anyone. Sure, some people like it, and would gladly take the short vacation, but I can't; I'm living paycheck to paycheck. And yes, I know, there are people out there, having a much harder time, but using them as an example to make someone stop complaining about their situation is to say that their complaints and issues don't matter.

All I want... Is to wake up... And not have to worry about this... So, yeah. Best bet is to find a new job. Target is fine if you're in school, or just getting your first job, but if you're trying to live? Nah. That ain't right.

I look forward to the time off. Lol. Gads, I have put off chores during the season. One thing I do is save up for these cuts in hours. I bought a gift card when they were on sale, for example, that will cover groceries, etc for a couple of months. This is also when I take vacation.

Retail workers need a break to rejuvinate! Then again, I have 2 jobs, really.
It works well for you and that I'm glad for but it doesn't for most of us and ESPECIALLY not when we see hours and preferred shifts allocated to seasonals and noobs.

I, for one, don't like inconsistency in my routine. After days off it's quite hard to even get back in the "groove'. I'm also not much of a fan of inconsistency in finances. Working less DOES mean one doesn't need to eat as much and there's always a soup kitchen for those with families. That's true.

There are people who have worked with the company for years hurting on hours. This isn't new.
I heard that repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results is insanity (or plain learning disability). I can't figure out why Target upsets everyone every single year like this.

It's mind boggling.

I understand that complaining gets me nowhere, and pretty much everyone is suffering from cuts. Sure, it's pointless and selfish for me to whine about it all the time, but I'm way too used to having decent pay and consistent hours, since my previous job actually cared for the employees. I can't go back to them, since I had to move, and I can't get a second job because I only have enough time in the day to eat, sleep, and do a morning routine. People shouldn't have to get 2 jobs, give up free time, and struggle to live. This isn't fair to anyone. Sure, some people like it, and would gladly take the short vacation, but I can't; I'm living paycheck to paycheck. And yes, I know, there are people out there, having a much harder time, but using them as an example to make someone stop complaining about their situation is to say that their complaints and issues don't matter.

All I want... Is to wake up... And not have to worry about this... So, yeah. Best bet is to find a new job. Target is fine if you're in school, or just getting your first job, but if you're trying to live? Nah. That ain't right.
Totally agree! Just wait until March when we finally get a few hours back and the gigantic "we're hiring" sign goes out front of the store and hundreds of hand outs for such at every register in the store.

Hours are given based on availability and business needs. Don’t blame your store. They don’t chose the amount of hours given out. And if you think Wal-Mart is any better than good luck 😂 retail dies down after the holidays.
OMG! The PROBLEM with Target's accounting is that they have way too many budget areas. They rob one to give to another. They cut permanent, long term people's hours to allocate to newbies. They are different budgets.

Hours may be 4,000 in January down from 6,000 in November which was up by 2,000 from 4,000 for August but they have to allocate to many more people than they HAD in August. THAT is why hours disappear.

Target does NOT know how to do a balance sheet.

Period

OMG! The PROBLEM with Target's accounting is that they have way too many budget areas. They rob one to give to another. They cut permanent, long term people's hours to allocate to newbies. They are different budgets.

Hours may be 4,000 in January down from 6,000 in November which was up by 2,000 from 4,000 for August but they have to allocate to many more people than they HAD in August. THAT is why hours disappear.

Target does NOT know how to do a balance sheet.

Period
When your only goal is the next quarter who needs a balance sheet.

Good luck on your job hunt.

Seasonals should be quitting / getting fired around now. Pay attention to the swap book, HR will often write a bunch of "open shifts" that they need replaced. Face areas like Electronics and Beauty, and Guest Service shifts they often don't just remove because those areas need a team member there pretty much all the time. That's the only way to get hours this month.

yeah i got every other day off on this new schedule for the second week in a row (luckily picked up next week), but..... c’mon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back