Archived Inefficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a hand soap revision due this week. Instead of having a POG tm do it, corporate had an outside company, 2 guys at our store, come do it.

My pptl is off every Wednesday, so he left the strips and paper POG on the desk along with the POGs the regular tm's are working on.

The guys get there. I get the strips. Tie it in. Show them where to set.

They have no idea what to do. Not how to put the label strips in. Nothing. So I give them a quick run through. I go get them cleaning supplies to clean the shelves. Meanwhile, I have my own work to do.

I checked on them once. I said, "Everything okay." "Yes," says one guy.

Later, they're gone. They didn't tell the LOS or anyone they left.

The label strips are in wrong. They don't even go in numerical order up the shelves. Really?

And there sits the push.

Why? Why hire someone? Now we have to go back and fix it.

Wasted time. Wasted money.

Ate more stores doing this? I went into an Albertsons at one time when I asked someone I thought working for the store putting up pogs only to find out he was from an outside company.

Damn.. that royally sucks.

That hand soap revision was a beast but fully doable with just one trained POG TM.

The main problem is dealing with the sticky dividers.
You have to make sure each item fits well on the shelf, and that means moving the dividers around.

When I was done it looked amazing.

At least this was my experience. I suppose results may vary.

Edit: no freakin way would I trust any outside company to do POGS.

We had the same thing at my store. The pptl was there that day. He had to pull the soap batch for the guy and I believe he had to work it after the guy set it . Makes no sense at all. You would think the way Spot is all about cutting costs they would realize things like that make no sense. They could had given a tm ( be it pog or sl tm) a couple extra hours and they could had done it . I am sure that would had been much cheaper .

We had an outside company come in reset the entire candy valley in market a few months ago and it was the same problem. We were told they would know how to print labels, set, and pull their own stuff. Nope. We had to do the pulls, print the labels, get the strips, and I even had to show them how to set a reverse aisle (which they set the pegs wrong on). Ours was the second store they were setting which made me really wonder how the first store looked.

Absolutely a huge waste of time and money when trained resources are already in the store.

We had an outside company come in reset the entire candy valley in market a few months ago and it was the same problem. We were told they would know how to print labels, set, and pull their own stuff. Nope. We had to do the pulls, print the labels, get the strips, and I even had to show them how to set a reverse aisle (which they set the pegs wrong on). Ours was the second store they were setting which made me really wonder how the first store looked.

Absolutely a huge waste of time and money when trained resources are already in the store.

This is when you need to know to throw them to the wolves. It is not your fault, that higher ups, were either lied too, or lied to you.

In your case I'd just take off the strips and burn them. Let them come back and do it over again.

This is when you need to know to throw them to the wolves. It is not your fault, that higher ups, were either lied too, or lied to you.

We let the etl know all the issues and she sent a feedback email to whoever was in charge of coordinating this test set as the email she received detailed what the vendor was supposed to be able to do on their own. She was not happy we spent so much of our time helping them when we had other things to work on. Always nice to have an etl who gets pissed and takes takes immediate action.

In your case I'd just take off the strips and burn them. Let them come back and do it over again.

Yep and I would have never filled it if that was in their things to do. Take pics and send the feedback and get their asses back out there and do the work.. Or fix it all and send that feed bac that you had still spend that much in payroll on top of their waste of time..

If you guys only knew how bad MOST outside vendors are....go talk to your PMT about all the amazing vendor stories they have. Maybe its just my store but almost every vendor we contract out is god awful

I can attest to that. We have some work orders that can be open for months at a time and then we get our ass handed to us by the PMBP because the WOs are still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back