Inflation pay raise

Im curious for everyone that wants a raise cause of how high inflation is, what happens when the high inflation goes back down...does target then get to lower your pay due to decreased inflation? Im all for more money but your not gonna see a raise for this temporary hike in inflation.

Im curious for everyone that wants a raise cause of how high inflation is, what happens when the high inflation goes back down...does target then get to lower your pay due to decreased inflation? Im all for more money but your not gonna see a raise for this temporary hike in inflation.
Higher money with less inflation means more spending per consumer

Inflation doesn't really go down. It can slow down, but consumer prices rarely ever go in reverse. It would take a big economic recession or depression for that to happen. That would be deflation.

The only way for inflation to "go back down" and things get cheaper across the board is if there's deflation. The last two years that we had deflation were 2009 and 1955. Every other year, money has been becoming less valuable.

GRC is correct - There was a very brief period in 2009 -- the very height of the Great Recession when deflation occurred. Overall price indexes dropped a tiny bit. Given that unemployment had skyrocketed throughout most of America, employers offered unemployed job seekers lower pay rates than had been the cast a couple years earlier. Supply and demand.

And DC merit TMs get what? Screwed over, once again. Target does not reward loyalty, look elsewhere.
Heard how this is playing out. New to role merits get a bump, anyone over 5 yrs but less than 20 gets a bump, but anyone long term 20+ yrs that has worked their way up the pay scale gets……a pat on the back, and a thank you. But no increase. Target really does not have any respect or appreciation for long term TM. So being a dedicated team member, giving an excellent performance year after year, it’s a big middle finger. Wheres my team voice survey??? I would LOVE to give open and honest feedback now.

High inflation will never go down!

Heard how this is playing out. New to role merits get a bump, anyone over 5 yrs but less than 20 gets a bump, but anyone long term 20+ yrs that has worked their way up the pay scale gets……a pat on the back, and a thank you. But no increase. Target really does not have any respect or appreciation for long term TM. So being a dedicated team member, giving an excellent performance year after year, it’s a big middle finger. Wheres my team voice survey??? I would LOVE to give open and honest feedback now.
Are you insinuating they actually take the time to read the team voice surveys? 🥴

Sooooo... age discrimination?

From what I heard at store level is that TL are getting a raise due to base pay going up. It seems like the more you make the less of a increase you get.

It should be if base pay goes up $2, then everyone should get a $2 increase no matter what you make or how long you've been there. Because if the base increases then the ceiling should increase too, and if you are maxed out, you no longer are and depending on how long you've been maxed for them you have missed out on multiple raises.

It's all BS.

Sounds like the stores are playing the same games as distribution. good to know, as I have been on the fence at applying to transfer to TL in stores just to try to get a fair equitable wage. Sounds like that won’t solve the equity issue either.

Sounds like the stores are playing the same games as distribution. good to know, as I have been on the fence at applying to transfer to TL in stores just to try to get a fair equitable wage. Sounds like that won’t solve the equity issue either.
Stay at Dc. Because you get ot & stores don’t.

Any one else from Maryland see a bump in their tm or odtm pay recently. Last paycheck my hourly rate was up and I don't see anything mentioning why.

Well I saw the sign for hiring and they are hiring at $16 an hour now. 9 years, a part time tm and for the first time they did bump me over the minimum so congrats to me at $16.32 an hour.
Not at my store. We are still at 15/hr while gasoline is still 4.10 per gallon

Our store bumped hourly starting pay from $17.50 to $17.75. Without notice, as of my Friday paycheck they raised my pay by 2.0%. It's probably an unofficial inflation bump.

In the Seattle area, the most common price for regular unleaded is $5.80/gallon. A few places are around $5.50/gallon. My car has a 15.9 gallon gas tank. If I had to fill the entire gas tank, it would cost $92.22 at $5.80/gallon. It's really depressing!

14 miles away from where I live, a truck stop in Seattle's South Park neighborhood is known for the lowest gas prices near Seattle. The truck stop's bargain price was $5.10/gallon. My car has a 15.9 gallon gas tank. At the truck stop's price, if I had to fill the entire gas tank, it would cost $81.09 @ $5.10/gallon. Since I needed to go over to that area on Saturday, I went by the truck stop and filled up to the tune of $71. Even so, I just get angry that the prices are almost double of what was charged in 2019. (I have some old receipts from buying gas at the truck stop for $2.69/gallon back in 2019).

Most parts of the US, gas prices aren't quite as punishingly high as in the West Coast states. Just sharing the pain here. I've certainly cut out most recreational day trips.

I went and copped a wheelbarrow for the anticipated hyperinflation coming down the pike but ended up using it right off the bat…thankfully there was still enough room in the ambulance plus the stretcher

I don't like the inflation at all, but there is one and only one upside for me: we bought a home several years ago. The mortgage rate is fixed, though for various reasons we didn't refinance at a lower rate during 2021. The taxes and insurance on our monthly payments will go up, but the loan principal-and-interest remains unchanged while we pay in deflated dollars. :rolleyes:

I do feel badly that home ownership is increasingly out of reach for many, particularly now that Wall Street investment syndicates have "discovered" investing in single-family homes as rental properties. Until the past five years, Wall Street investors avoided single-family homes as investment vehicles.

Back