Archived Instock Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the suggestion of having different color dots to my DTL the other day and he didn't like the idea although I thought it would help instocks. Say the first week of the month we would use red dots second week we would use blue. And so on. But he just said we should just practice strong instocks routines. But I think that would help quite a bit of having a better idea of when it was researched. Eh just an idea.
Or you can just check the research date on a PDA/iPod? Knowing that something was 0 on-hand on the second week of some month doesn't really give you any useful information that I can think of.

Know what helps instocks? Everybody actually doing their damn 4x4s, people pushing accurately and instocks getting the time to do their job. Then again I'm starting to feel like grey dots are pointless and maybe instocks itself at my store should be taken behind the shed and put out of its misery. I am a little worn out about this stupid workcenter that nobody at my store seems to care about except me and one other TM who never gets scheduled for it anymore.

Or you can just check the research date on a PDA/iPod? Knowing that something was 0 on-hand on the second week of some month doesn't really give you any useful information that I can think of.

Know what helps instocks? Everybody actually doing their damn 4x4s, people pushing accurately and instocks getting the time to do their job. Then again I'm starting to feel like grey dots are pointless and maybe instocks itself at my store should be taken behind the shed and put out of its misery. I am a little worn out about this stupid workcenter that nobody at my store seems to care about except me and one other TM who never gets scheduled for it anymore.

Last research date doesn't cross over from MyDevice to PDA cause we got yelled at for not researching things supposedly after we switched to the my device. 4x4's are a joke pointless, if people were allowed to do their jobs like they should the need for a 4x4 would NOT exist. As it is our new DTL doesn't want us scanning anything other than the 4x4 areas and the rigs, Our STL? Wet behind the ears and knows nothing so her store shelves are getting bare and she hasn't noticed. So the 4x4s are just pull forward and a joke in my store so we refuse to scan it. Cause every issue is marked follow up and who follows up? We would love to know. Cause they are not fixing anything. They can't zone for crap. Six isles of market was marked it was done last night, I walked it and found issues that have been there since Tuesday when I last went through there. A couple of very obvious things I left for two reasons, 1) couldn't reach it, 2)vendor issues, that we have brought up many times. Nope nothing different. So what did they do?

I am burnt out..

I made the suggestion of having different color dots to my DTL the other day and he didn't like the idea although I thought it would help instocks. Say the first week of the month we would use red dots second week we would use blue. And so on. But he just said we should just practice strong instocks routines. But I think that would help quite a bit of having a better idea of when it was researched. Eh just an idea.

i work at a busy store, and we just research everything, whether it has a grey dot or not. often times it'll get researched and it just so happens it shows up on the next truck, and for some reason it didnt get pushed to the floor. so we just research it anyways

i also think the grey dots are somewhat pointless at this point. i had a team member ask me what they were even for, because whenever he sees them he just rips them off. so basically the only people who know what they are for is instocks basically. I honestly could do my job without using them. a guy i work with only uses them when somethings been discontinued, and he puts it on the barcode.

i work at a busy store, and we just research everything, whether it has a grey dot or not. often times it'll get researched and it just so happens it shows up on the next truck, and for some reason it didnt get pushed to the floor. so we just research it anyways

How I used to scan cause of that exact reason, but when you are only allowed to shoot Rigs and 4x4s your shelves will get bare quick..

I used to put them on the barcodes when stuff would go D-Code, until I saw most of the sales floor peel them off to see if we had more.. :mad: But when they stock an item, nope can't be bothered to pull them.. :rolleyes:

@Bosch luckily my team is still allowed to shoot and scan the entire store at will. because of this our lists on thursday-monday are usually around 30-50. sometimes reaching up to 100. those usually consist of rigs, end caps, and side caps. on thursday we actually came in at four, and scanned the entire store, just to try and purge the backroom of some stuff. we shot to capacity. we also have a pretty decent flow team, so when they get done early, or when they come in for a double truck, and one truck gets cancelled they actually zone quite a bit of the store.

@Bosch luckily my team is still allowed to shoot and scan the entire store at will. because of this our lists on thursday-monday are usually around 30-50. sometimes reaching up to 100. those usually consist of rigs, end caps, and side caps. on thursday we actually came in at four, and scanned the entire store, just to try and purge the backroom of some stuff. we shot to capacity. we also have a pretty decent flow team, so when they get done early, or when they come in for a double truck, and one truck gets cancelled they actually zone quite a bit of the store.

:blink blink:

I have seen softlines flow team members zone on a regular basis (they have to in order to get folded items out.) Rarely do I see a hardlines flow tm zone.

I like that idea! I wish I felt like scanning actually did anything. Yes, we have batches from research, but 90% of the stuff we scan has been out of stock for weeks. How hard is it to send the stuff that sells, Target?!

Nothing like scanning lingerie week after week - and being out of stock of the same items week after week. Complete waste of time.

Nothing like scanning lingerie week after week - and being out of stock of the same items week after week. Complete waste of time.

rarely am i able to get a decent scan in intimate apparel. out of the 7 or 8 months of being on in-stocks i think i've maybe pulled three or four things for the area. Im assuming most of it goes out when it comes in, or else something is going horribly wrong haha

also is there such thing as a instocks team lead, or is everyones just backroom tl like mine? everyone once and a while the brtl is scheduled to work instocks, but never has.

also is there such thing as a instocks team lead, or is everyones just backroom tl like mine? everyone once and a while the brtl is scheduled to work instocks, but never has.

Used to. That position got rolled into the backroom TL position. So we see him once a week..

On paper the backroom TL is the instocks TL at my store too. In practice he's pretty much disconnected from the whole thing aside from pulling batches and asking us to fill endcaps on scan all days. Most days I barely check in with him because there's no point. If I have an issue I either go to the flow TL (who actually knows instocks and unless something changed real recently writes the schedule for it) or the TL whose area I'm finding problems galore in.

Also scanning softlines is pretty much a waste of time. The tables are a mess of poor zoning and flow just putting shit wherever. Nothing's in the backroom except for the occasional half a table's worth of product that's been back there who knows how long. Nothing is ever organized in a way that matches the list (though the iPods make it easier). The huddle project 4x4s in softlines are on the "scan softlines" day but by the time they happen we're either finished scanning or close enough. Its a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back