Archived Instocks Scanning Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does instocks stop scanning at 11 a.m. (sometimes 12)? My team doesn't get finished by then. Why can't we keep scanning until we're done.

The CAFs start dropping at 11a so they don't want the autopull system and research clashing with each other. Though at my store, instocks shifts are either 8a-12p (non-truck day) or 10a-2p (truck day) and we'd scan right up until the end.

my instock team scans whenever, as long as we are able to pull it. we are always scheduled 8-1230. we usually get done with our task list by 9ish, then choose an area to shoot thoroughly, or conquer ptm's. or we get dragged into another work center, which happens a lot since hours across the board have been cut.

my instock team scans whenever, as long as we are able to pull it. we are always scheduled 8-1230. we usually get done with our task list by 9ish, then choose an area to shoot thoroughly, or conquer ptm's. or we get dragged into another work center, which happens a lot since hours across the board have been cut.

11am cut off for any In-Stocks team that does not pull their own batches. Backroom needs to be done or close when the CAFs drop. If we shoot after 11am, we can but we have to pull the batches, which without equipment is a trick. So we never shoot after 11am.

I wish my store's team would get the instocks process under control. Shifts are 6:30-1:30/8:00-3:00, the latter being TMs to help push whatever is pulled. Unfortunately, research batches rarely get pulled these days due to hour cuts.

I wish my store's team would get the instocks process under control. Shifts are 6:30-1:30/8:00-3:00, the latter being TMs to help push whatever is pulled. Unfortunately, research batches rarely get pulled these days due to hour cuts.

Which is stupid cause those are products empty on the floor so lost sales. %100 lost sale. I do end up pushing CAF pulls when ours are done. Glad my store has a clue. Research, exf, CAF in that order until In Stocks batches are pulled.

If research batches aren't pulled they just end up on the next CAF anyway (no?), making CAFs harder to pull in time. (And often doubling up on a pull if research isn't pulled fast enough)
My store is 7-3:45 hours and we shoot until 11 typically.

For some reason I thought IS had 6 hours to scan so if the task list drops at 6:30 they shoot until 12:30. The thing with stopping at 11 as to not conflict with CAFs is nonsense. 11am CAFs were created to so 12am CAFs would be more manageable. So if 11-12am used to be research only and 12-1 were CAFs only, now 11-1pm should be both CAFs and research. I recently saw a metric I haven't seen before about pull timeliness which specified CAFs as well as research so it looks to me like they are trying to treat all pulls the same. I don't know I have a feeling we might see some changes in IS process come 1st quarter even if they are just tweaks.

The time limits were removed last year. Most stores continue because they do not have dedicated research pullers in the backroom to pull as they drop. The drop in allocated instocks hours also plays a part in this. We were told today that the instocks team now only scans and does 4x4's. With only 90 hours for 4 team members (includes the TL) I can see why this was changed. This used to be an awesome team to be a part of. I'm not feeling the love anymore.

The time limits were removed last year. Most stores continue because they do not have dedicated research pullers in the backroom to pull as they drop. The drop in allocated instocks hours also plays a part in this. We were told today that the instocks team now only scans and does 4x4's. With only 90 hours for 4 team members (includes the TL) I can see why this was changed. This used to be an awesome team to be a part of. I'm not feeling the love anymore.

More like hatred.

Yesterday they pulled instocks to finish softlines push from the truck and to pull price change's batches. No worries, the LODs would take care of scanning HBA, chem and stationery. Maybe. I mean, the PCB's kind of big today and it's due soon, and guest service needs a lunch covered and the backroom needs a hand and and and-

I miss being able to fix things on the floor as instocks. I don't miss having my shifts treated like hours for other departments when shit hit the fan. I feel sorry for the one or two TMs on instocks at my store who kind of sort of care about instocks and have to deal with that still.

More like hatred.
It felt more like indifference to me. Like nobody really knows what instocks gets up to besides wander around the store and scan things. Even if you pointed out specific things.

It feels like hatred since they don't care about issues that screw up the store and the "Here is the 4x4 process, clean up the store, but we are not going to follow up or fix anything you find. Just fix it."

It feels like hatred since they don't care about issues that screw up the store and the "Here is the 4x4 process, clean up the store, but we are not going to follow up or fix anything you find. Just fix it."
While you are scanning, making labels, fixing ties, filling empty clearance spots and removing dots and labels, pulling the enormous amounts of overstock and maintaining SFQ....and we need a backup.... I feel like my red and khaki should really be a hazmat suit since I clean up everyone else's sh*t while increasing scans. . . scan more! scan more! Isn't the goal to NOT have to scan???

^^THIS!^^

Management has to realize that Instocks are the ones who (usually) are cleaning up after other teams. If we tell you about a problem, fix-it. The store will run better.

Nope just shut your hole and fix it and here do it on 75hrs. But it has to be the entire store cause we have a visit later today! And you need a red card today!

I wish I was able to work at some of your stores.... We only get four and a half hours... Once and a great while they let us work 8 hour shifts. In the four and a half hours we have to scan, pull, push, Ptm's, and drastic.

I wish I was able to work at some of your stores.... We only get four and a half hours... Once and a great while they let us work 8 hour shifts. In the four and a half hours we have to scan, pull, push, Ptm's, and drastic.
How many people do you have on your team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back