Archived Instocks vs Hardlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

I just checked my schedule on eHR (since I'm off today) and they put me down for a few hours on Instocks - Sales Floor and then Hardlines - Sales Floor for the last few hours on certain days. Is there a difference? I usually just check the paper schedule on the wall and it either says Hardlines - Sales Floor or Hardlines- Sales Floor CAF so seeing 'Instocks - Sales Floor' is new to me since I'm a HL-SF TM.

Last edited:
You are just going to be stocking the floor in hardlines. Be thankful that you are not doing the same in softlines (clothes). You will be okay. You will learn, improve, and survive. Take every new opportunity as simply a new experience and you will not be judged badly for being new to the experience. Just be ready to learn and don't expect to be perfect at first.

You are just going to be stocking the floor in hardlines. Be thankful that you are not doing the same in softlines (clothes). You will be okay. You will learn, improve, and survive. Take every new opportunity as simply a new experience and you will not be judged badly for being new to the experience. Just be ready to learn and don't expect to be perfect at first.

So it's just pushing CAFs basically?

So it's just pushing CAFs basically?

CAFs/Softlines: that is a battle royale that I would not subscribe to anyone. While you have 'time' on your side with softlines, you have insanity otherwise. Can you explain this more thoroughly before I throw myself off of a bridge? ;)

so it's just pushing CAFs and restock the shelves in hardlines? sorry, I didn't really get the last comment

Instocks is more BR oriented. If they actually have you doing instocks tasks (research, scanning outs, etc.) they'll likely train you first, but maybe they're just having you do HL stuff with instocks hours, heh.

You may be working on the capacity change blitz. Some stores have TMs scanning every single item in the store and updating the capacity of necessary.

Instocks is more BR oriented. If they actually have you doing instocks tasks (research, scanning outs, etc.) they'll likely train you first, but maybe they're just having you do HL stuff with instocks hours, heh.
They do that at our store all of the time... but they cut IS team hours to do it. Yes, we get pissed off about this.

They do that at our store all of the time... but they cut IS team hours to do it. Yes, we get pissed off about this.
thankfully they don't do this at my store, but they still don't give us enough hours for all the tasks they give us. everyone else thinks we just walk around and do nothing all day, when in reality we do more tasks than any other team. an hour or more of our day is devoted to flow, another thirty to fourty minutes is devoted to reshop, then we have to quickly do our rigs, then pull our research, then push... oh and why don't you fill the end caps to perfection

thankfully they don't do this at my store, but they still don't give us enough hours for all the tasks they give us. everyone else thinks we just walk around and do nothing all day, when in reality we do more tasks than any other team. an hour or more of our day is devoted to flow, another thirty to fourty minutes is devoted to reshop, then we have to quickly do our rigs, then pull our research, then push... oh and why don't you fill the end caps to perfection
Sometimes I like to let the LOD and my TL know the latest screwup I've found and fixed (if possible). Like the endcap missing all its labels. Or the unlocated PIPOs. Or the pallet of vendor product that's been backstocked. Even better when I can point one of these out and that a TL or ETL was responsible for it.

I like when tl's redo an end cap, just to say they did it... And when we have none of the product to fill it, they just leave it that way. Next day I hear "hey can someone on instocks fill this end cap that's empty...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back