Archived instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very troubling when I look at all the OUTs in out store. We can scan daily, but the product just isn't there. Usually when it is a sale item as well, which is very upsetting for the guests. I have been with target for 5 years and I don't ever remember seeing instocks this bad. Is Target losing its buying power in the market. Or is it just incredibly bad management due to all the corporate cuts last year? Let me know what you see in your stores.

Its multiple things rolled into one. Is your store up to date on trailers? The DC has so many they want to push your store, and your ETL-LOG could have their flow team behind by not taking a certain double or two or not adding a trailer to catch back up? You could be Comping up quite a bit, which means many of your OTLs are probably too low? There are lots of things that impact the overall instocks of a store.

Our store has gone to hell in a handbasket. In the past year we have gone from being a golden store to being a focus store. Our trucks are NEVER complete, tm's are quitting left and right, tl's are walking on eggshells, the DTL has a sleeping bag in the breakroom. That is only made worse by the fact that our backroom is overpacked and loaded with freight that simply cannot be backstocked by only 3 tms. Our floor is pathetically empty and it's all in the backroom. We haven't scanned in more than 3 weeks (although we do sneak in a few research on upcoming sale items - and not because we have been directed to do so...probably be in trouble if they realized it) PTM tasks have not been completed and, as a result, we have so much clearance that we are using risers to "store" it. Merchandise is flexed in almost every aisle and no labels being made resulting in constant price adjustments. (Our IS team has now been reassigned to the backroom indefinitely - not exactly what we signed on for - with promises that we'll be able to work instocks "soon") I have never, ever, ever, ever seen so much go so wrong so fast. It's rather demoralizing and I just wish they would be done with the worst management team EVER.... but they must be getting their direction from somewhere....

You know, the backroom could be caught up with 1 day of every ETL/TL in the building on a Monday working the backroom. Forego the weekly ETL/STL meeting and focus on getting everything in location.

Then get ready for everything coming out on CAFS/Autofill as the accumulator resets. Again, all hands on deck to get it pulled/out/rebackstocked.

Then you should look at the amount of freight coming into your store and discuss whether it'd be worth it or not to take 1 less truck a week and use the additional payroll for Log/Salesfloor. If so much is going to the backroom, then obviously it's not selling, so is it even worth it to have it in the store?

You're not the only store where instocks is a mess but my store's not quite as bad. Still a pain with IS being the "hey can you cover for this other workcenter" position. If I'm not spending an extra hour or more on signing, I'm staying on truck to help finish freight. Or responding to backup because we have no salesfloor and other positions won't respond. Or we're backstocking because the back's a mess or pulling our own batches or pushing autos.

Big thing is our store is understaffed so that keeps happening. And while IS has a few TMs on it, sometimes I don't feel like enough are scheduled.

End result being on my shifts I can either rush to scan what I'm supposed to and get another talk about how it isn't just a list to finish and I need to pay attention to flexing. Or take my sweet time and leave half a store of fillable outs. And don't get me started on endcaps or PTMs.

Most of the Instocks problems at my store are management created. Our ETL Log quit or got fired recently, we hired a bunch of seasonal TMs who can't seem to understand the backroom. But mostly it's management directing us to keep following the task list even though there are still 20+ research batches in the gun on any given day, shooting stand alone research (!!!!!!!) on Endcaps to fill them, and I'm sure tons of other stuff I don't know about. Our outs are in the stockroom. They just don't get pulled.

Most of the Instocks problems at my store are management created. Our ETL Log quit or got fired recently, we hired a bunch of seasonal TMs who can't seem to understand the backroom. But mostly it's management directing us to keep following the task list even though there are still 20+ research batches in the gun on any given day, shooting stand alone research (!!!!!!!) on Endcaps to fill them, and I'm sure tons of other stuff I don't know about. Our outs are in the stockroom. They just don't get pulled.

You might want to ask if you can clear the gun, then push what you pull for the day and start fresh the next day. It would fill the floor and help out backroom, so they can hopefully catch up a bit.. I know its probably BS, but it might get you, your batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back