Archived Insubordination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are in the wrong here. The cashier turned the light off for a valid reason but blantly saying no to the leader is uncalled for. However, you should have followed up right away and talked to the TM. I would have went right to the register and asked why are you not turning on the light. If I was given a valid reason I would just say "just communicate with me what you're doing instead of just saying no so we're both on the same page and I can make a more informed decision".

You say the ship has sailed but there is a little thing called undocumented coaching. You can bring up the incident to them and talk about it and come up with an understanding. Being transparent and understanding with your team is what leads to success. Coming at them like you're attacking is a quick way to reduce morale. You want people to like to work for you not resent you. That's how you get bare minimum workers.

Cashier was still in the wrong for flat out saying no. Did it make sense why she turned her light off? Yes, but she should have kept it on and then found her way to her GSTL to explain why she did it. Maybe the GSTL would have understood or maybe another solution would have been presented.

That’s why the GSTL is supposed to Spead Weave rather than pick battles that are unnecessary. Monkeying around with the lights looks poor, therefore it could have been something discussed at a later time. Perhaps after the other guests were moved to another lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back