Archived interested in becoming a tl

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've actually had an etl talk to me about becoming a tl before, but kind of shrugged it off at the time, because i was unsure how long i wanted to stay with target. I've been working for spot for almost eight months now, and i can honestly say i love the store/people i work with. the longer im here, the more interested i am about stepping up into a tl position. just curious how other tl's out there went about it, and what the process is. I'm not sure how many people we have waiting on the bench... i know of a couple right of the bat. we're a larger store, and i know they prefer to have a lot on the bench. they often train team members at our store, and have them sent out to other stores, because it looks good on their part. so yeah, any help would be loved.

i've actually had an etl talk to me about becoming a tl before, but kind of shrugged it off at the time, because i was unsure how long i wanted to stay with target. I've been working for spot for almost eight months now, and i can honestly say i love the store/people i work with. the longer im here, the more interested i am about stepping up into a tl position. just curious how other tl's out there went about it, and what the process is. I'm not sure how many people we have waiting on the bench... i know of a couple right of the bat. we're a larger store, and i know they prefer to have a lot on the bench. they often train team members at our store, and have them sent out to other stores, because it looks good on their part. so yeah, any help would be loved.
I am on the TL bench and was approached by the STL after being at spot for about 6 months. The STL set up a few mock interviews for me with her and an ETL, which helped a ton! I wrote down a few scenarios that I thought would be asked and practiced them. I then had an interview with the DTL over the phone and passed. And now it's just a waiting game. All the TL's at my store have been there for years, so I don't see a promotion happening anytime soon.

I'm not sure exactly why I was approached for this, but I do have management experience, I am reliable, and very global. I would suggest talking to a trusted TL in your store to mentor and help you.

I'm not sure exactly why I was approached for this, but I do have management experience, I am reliable, and very global. I would suggest talking to a trusted TL in your store to mentor and help you.

my tl (br/instocks since i am instocks) used to be on instocks with me, and he was taken under the wing of our old backroom tl. he has kind of taken me under his wing, and is teaching me the ins and outs of all backroom functions. i've also gotten with a salesfloor tl, and shes been teaching me some stuff i need to know about certain salesfloor functions.

Talk to your ETL about your development and be persistent about it. Ask questions, build a connection with your ETL. Let them know your interested.

Talk to your ETL about your development and be persistent about it. Ask questions, build a connection with your ETL. Let them know your interested.
my etl log and i have a pretty good rapport. lately i've been building a connection with my etl salesfloor. i've been staying longer hours, filling in backroom hours, and helping out salesfloor with caf pulls and zoning a lot lately. i'd like to think they've noticed haha

but then again, ive been working at my store longer than my etl log, so i was already a pretty well know hard worker by the time he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back