Archived Interesting video from customer trying to return open box electronic item

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times does the TM have to tell this idiot that he can't do the return?
And what part of "new and unused" does he not get?
Also, that second store doesn't know policy. That guest totally scammed that store. I'm willing to bet he didn't even try to turn on either laptop, especially the second one.

Last edited:
The guy that makes these video's is a well known nut job. I mean for petes sake, he secretly records EVERY single interaction he has with anyone. WHACK. JOB.

I hope someone beats his ass, such a sad little man.
"Beats his ass"? PHYSICAL VIOLENCE for someone who has done nothing physical? I think you're the sad little man. He has every right to voice his complaints about the customer service he receives, "nutjob" or not.

Don't take the videos, or the guy himself so damn seriously, and you might actually see them for what they are, FUNNY.

Go watch the other videos and see how he goes into different stores with the purpose of pulling this crap. He should take his complaints up with the corporate offices of the companies, not harass the employees. Tell me you wouldn't step in and fight someone for treating your wife or mother or daughter like that. Yes I hope someone beats his ass, pure and plain physical violence.

I think you are the sad little man.

I've watched a few of these guys vids and I side with the store employees. He fails to understand things. Whether our policies make sense or not, if you shop with us, that's how it is.

Look at his youtube user name

definethelaw

Clearly that says something about himself

You realized this video was staged? I would that all parties involved are out to steal from spot. For 2 reasons:
1. By doing a full return without electronics tm or Gstl checking the item.
2. Buying the repackage item at lower price using tm discount, etc.
IMO.

Go watch the other videos and see how he goes into different stores with the purpose of pulling this crap. He should take his complaints up with the corporate offices of the companies, not harass the employees. Tell me you wouldn't step in and fight someone for treating your wife or mother or daughter like that. Yes I hope someone beats his ass, pure and plain physical violence.
I've watched plenty of his videos. Of course he goes looking for trouble, and I find it funny. If someone talked like that to my wife/mother/daughter, I would argue with him, with WORDS, not my fists. Because I'm not a moronic caveman that has to resort to violence to get his way.

stupid rules said:
I think you are the sad little man.
I would insult you back, but then you might BEAT MY ASS, you big tough guy.

GlobalTargetTM said:
I've watched a few of these guys vids and I side with the store employees. He fails to understand things. Whether our policies make sense or not, if you shop with us, that's how it is.
Policies are not laws, and he has EVERY RIGHT to voice his OPINION about them.

Guest Attendant said:
Look at his youtube user name

definethelaw

Clearly that says something about himself
That comment cleary says you judge a book by the cover. There used to be laws that were very negative concerning black people, should those laws not have been "defined"? Some laws need to be "defined", broke, and eventually changed.

Hardlinesmaster said:
You realized this video was staged? I would that all parties involved are out to steal from spot. For 2 reasons:
1. By doing a full return without electronics tm or Gstl checking the item.
2. Buying the repackage item at lower price using tm discount, etc.
IMO.
Umm, no. The video wasn't staged, he has many similar videos involving stupid "managers" with corporate sticks up their asess.

Last edited:
One of his videos shows him cashing out Target gift cards. This must be required by law in Cali, is it that way in any other states?

I'm in Cali and we can only cash out a giftcard if it's 9.99 or less.

I am not convinced on that tm.
1: using a device to record stuff in spot.
2 then different angles on same guest.
3. No show by GSA/gstl. Sorry red!
4. No by tm's/tl getting reshop.

"Policies are not laws, and he has EVERY RIGHT to voice his OPINION about them."

Have an opinion? Yes. Violate the policies? No. That guy would get the boot out of my store really fast. Police respond in around 3 minutes or less. After being asked to leave and failing to, if he continued causing problems he would be arrested for criminal trespass and disturbing the peace.

If you don't like the policies of a store, don't shop there. Boycott them. Speak out in a useful fashion instead of bothering the other people shopping there and the employees that are forced to deal with you.

How about the TPS that LIED about him using the F word in the video I linked? Is it Target policy to LIE when dealing with customers? I have no problem with stores having policies, but I do get annoyed when Target robot managers (or Best Buy, Walmart, etc.) keep repeating corporate BS lines, OVER AND OVER. Talk like a real person, and stop saying "IT'S OUR POLICY!" a million times.

The guy is just screwing with various stores and businesses to be funny. If you don't like the policies of his humor, don't watch his videos. I'm sure he's not the worst customer in the history of retail. In my opinion, all the people making comments on his YouTube videos, saying how they would severely hurt him or KILL him if they met him in real life are much worse human beings.

He isn't doing it for humor, he is doing it to try and prove some point about big business. Of course you are too immature to realize it. Keep fighting the fight. /brofist

The fact of the matter is that the person he is talking to--who IS the GSTL, by the way (You'll notice he's not the Service Desk TM, who is behind the desk, and is also wearing a headset)--is trying to let him know that what he is asking for is not possible.

Obviously, some people here who are ragging on the TM haven't a clue about how SDTMs/GSAs/GSTLs are supposed to handle customer complaints. We cannot violate policy. All we're supposed to do is apologize and restate the policy. So the TM did precisely what he was supposed to do--although I would have called for an LOD/AP after a few minutes.

frankly the guy is lucky he is getting the robot repetition of policy. If it were left entirely up to me I'd walk away or give him the boot. Target can handle having one less annoying person shopping there.

frankly the guy is lucky he is getting the robot repetition of policy. If it were left entirely up to me I'd walk away or give him the boot. Target can handle having one less annoying person shopping there.

Yeah.. unless you're an ETL you can get in serious trouble for that :)

He isn't doing it for humor, he is doing it to try and prove some point about big business. Of course you are too immature to realize it. Keep fighting the fight. /brofist
Yeah, proving points in a humorous way. I'm immature? You're the one talking about beating people's asses on an Internet forum, genius.

Some people simply have too much time on their hands so they wage these Quixotic battles to show that they're 'making a point/difference'.
If they *really* wanted to have an impact, they would write to corporate detailing the problem from the consumer's vantage, acknowledging the corporate vantage then offering a sensible compromise.
Instead, they take the easy route in hopes of getting their 15 minutes of fame under the guise of "helping the little guy".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back