Archived Internal formality interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
So heres the story: I am a hardlines tm. Electronics tm got fired and i am currently filling in for electronics. I thought i already had the position(the electronics tl made it seem so and i am scheduled back there for as far as far as the schedule is made ). But i was just told today i have an interview( i Hate/suck at interviews) for the position in two days which will be conducted by my etl and the electronics tl. The electronics tl said its just a formality, no one else is being interviewed for the position but still dress up. But my etl is saying that other people wanted this position so the interview is there for fairness.
So basically From the context the electronics tl said that the interview was a "formality" He made it seem like they are interviewing just to say that they interviewed but i am not too sure.
1. Is this "formality"interview a real thing, and i am stressing over nothing?
2. What questions are asked for an internal interview? Like naming examples of situations on the floor or...
Thanks in advance.

*edit* also the etl offered to give me the pamphlet with the questions i am going to be asked if he could find it but he didnt get back to me and i didnt want to seem so desperate for this "handicap". So that also gives me the thought that this interview is just a bs one.

Last edited:
Yes, you need to go through the interview process. It'll be similar to your initial interview with "tell me about a time when..." questions. I've never looked over an electronics packet, but assume that there's a question about upselling.

Assuming you have your ETL and electronics TL's backing, it is most likely just a formality.

As long as you don't mention your distaste of Jews and your sympathy for the plight of the Aryan race, it'll be hard to mess up.

You'll probably want the packet so you have an idea of what they'll ask.

Get with your TL to get an idea of the questions (usually along the lines of "Tell me about a time in which you were unable to finish a project? Were able to make things right for a guest? Were tasked with something you didn't really want to do?" etc).
Get a haircut/shave if necessary & dress sharp for the interview (pref polo-style shirt tucked in).
Sit up straight away from the back of the chair & look them in the eye.
Think (& breathe) before answering to avoid blurting out some pap response; put thought into your answer (unless it's something extremely black & white like theft).

You have to interview to move to another department???

It's a promotion, so yes.

@OP: I was in a similar situation when I moved up to GSA. I had the job long before the interview process-- whether that was because of my ETL-GE's incompetence, laziness, or malice, I don't know-- but when I finally got through the interview process both my GSTL and my ETL-GE basically just rushed through it and signed off on it ASAP. In all likelihood, it will be the same for you, but you should still prepare for it just in case there is another candidate.

This same thing happened to me. They moved me to electronics from softlines for about 4 months without the electronics pay and FINALLY said they'd have to do the interview process before they could actually put me as an official Electronics TM. The good thing about it was that they were scheduling me in electronics on the grid so when they finally keyed me in I got BACK PAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back