PML interview advice

My husband has a meet and greet for a PML position at a nearby target.

I have no idea what advice to give him as I have always worked in the guest facing side of target.

Any advice on how to hit the right trigger works?

Thanks

Ours is great, but I don't know about the interview process for PML.

I would say two key points in being a successful PML is the ability to build strong relationships with vendors (housekeeping, refrigeration, HVAC, parking lot/landscaping, etc) and the ability to develop strong routines for general maintenance upkeep.

In addition, being able to switch gears on a dime when something unexpectedly goes awry is also helpful and along with that, problem solving skills as sometimes the answer takes ingenuity.

You come to work and the following issues are presented to you.
1. The doors aren’t working.
2. Trash overflowing outside in the bins.
3. Toilet is clogged.
Tell me how you’ll prioritize?

The coolers in Market are leaking.
What steps will you take to remedy?

The cart pusher is in constant need of repairs.
Who will you partner with to ensure proper use?

PML interview is based around how you’ll prioritize issues, and how you’ll influence the team to reduce incidents and follow routines.

IDK. All I know is our PML is a major gossip who complains about everyone but does little when it comes to actual property maintenance unless forced to.
Complaining is 70% of a PMLs job. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
A PML can not go around performing PMs unless they are forced to (required) via their ipad…

I helped prep a tm for a PML interview, which they passed. The biggest thing especially if an external hire is to talk about skills that you already have that can relate to making repairs and completing PMs. Also I think the biggest struggle that new PMLs have is taking initiative. They just complete their daily work orders and don't go above and beyond to be proactive or complete cosmetic fixes on their own. Our new PML took over for a guy who wasn't terrible but he didn't communicate with the team about his focuses and did only the bare minimum or what was asked of him. Our new guy does stuff without being asked and takes initiative to paint and fix things that previous PMLs and leaders have been walking by for years and just ignoring. Finally have your husband talk about his communication skills and how he relates well to others because PML is about building relationships with the store team. Alot of people think PMLs don't do anything because their work goes unnoticed. Our new PML sends out weekly recaps explaining everything they did each day and communicates to leaders on things they need help driving home with the team, (ex. Equipment control)

Back