Archived Internals vs Externals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soL

If you apply for an AP position (or this could be for any position maybe?) and your HR tells you they're hiring two internals and three externals, what exactly is meant by that? Does it mean they're hiring two people from within the store and three from an outside source? My co-worker was telling me that it meant two people were getting hired to work inside while the other three were getting hired to work on the outside. Does anyone care to shed some light?

If you apply for an AP position (or this could be for any position maybe?) and your HR tells you they're hiring two internals and three externals, what exactly is meant by that? Does it mean they're hiring two people from within the store and three from an outside source? My co-worker was telling me that it meant two people were getting hired to work inside while the other three were getting hired to work on the outside. Does anyone care to shed some light?
That is correct.

Lol internal mean they are promoted from in the company. External means they are hired from outside the company.

I would give the best interview you can give for the ap job. Hope your health issues, don't stop you.

Two internals and three externals.... that store has 5 AP team members? Da fuq?

Two internals and three externals.... that store has 5 AP team members? Da fuq?

My HR worded it like that but I'm pretty sure he meant they were picking out of a total of 5 people. Five more AP team members would be ridiculous considering we already have 2. There are two positions available so we should have a total of four though.

Until about a month ago my store had six AP: ETL, one APS, and four TPS (myself included). Unfortunately, our APS was fired after making a bad stop, and one TPS was canned for dating a team member.
And I've never heard it phrased that way; I've only heard of Internal theft vs. External theft, and only ETL/APTL's can investigate internal theft.

Turns out they meant what I originally thought they meant. I ended up getting one of the two open positions as did my friend from a different work area. Goodbye backroom!

Welcome to the often boring, moderately stressful, and occasionally terrifying world of AP. I'm assuming TPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back