Archived Interview for PMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: Welcome to the lowest Position in corporate leadership. We’re a district level leader who’s aloud to be ran over by store side needs and overlooked by the district themselves :( the chaos will be restored once we report back to BPs (hopefully someday soon)
Why would you ever report to British Petroleum? Do they have a contract with Target?

Exact same explanation from mine. Everything is done through the tablets, task jobs that take up too much time to others, always making it clear the job is easy if your time management skills are good and complete your work orders. There were examples he shared of BRTMs becoming PMTs solely because they had been with Spot for a while then performed horribly. If they could pass the interview I figure I'm over thinking it now.
Honestly the best TM to promote in store (I know ASANTS), to PMT, is a Signing TM or a very experienced Perishables Assistant. 😎

Feel free to reach out if you have any Q’s during or after training
Congrats! Like @theissueoftissue said, if you have any questions me and @phibot can help too
Nice job! Like Fix It said, if you need help, don't hesitate. It's a lot to learn
Congrats! I firmly believe that PMT is one of the best jobs you can have in a Target store.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

The support is greatly appreciated, thank you. Haven't heard from anyone since last week. I'll follow up with ETL HR when I return Friday.

They chose a store in a mall but no start date. My PMT said that location is dead; no foot traffic. Plus he's not confident that PMT's will give a comprehensive training.

They chose a store in a mall but no start date. My PMT said that location is dead; no foot traffic. Plus he's not confident that PMT's will give a comprehensive training.
If it's a slow store, knock out your weekly workload quickly and volunteer to support other stores in your district as often as you can to learn as much as possible

It depends on your areas training style. I spent one month with one trainer, now they put you with 4 different trainers for one week each. It’s confusing the trainees more than anything because of all of the different routines and skill sets they’re encountering

Start watching YouTube videos about tools, trade work, and technical skills. A lot of the job is learning on the fly by yourself

Pmts don’t actively tear into equipment right? i.e ice makers , freezers, coolers , plumbing, HVAC pmTs do preventative stuff like changing filters and such?

If it's a slow store, knock out your weekly workload quickly and volunteer to support other stores in your district as often as you can to learn as much as possible

Meant to state the store I'm training at is in a mall, sorry. Nonetheless good advice.

Pmts don’t actively tear into equipment right? i.e ice makers , freezers, coolers , plumbing, HVAC pmTs do preventative stuff like changing filters and such?
We're not allowed to do a lot of things actually. However, in my district we have some former mechanics and electricians who go around doing this sort of thing for the less experienced PMTs. As long as you don't put a spotlight on it and work safely.....just don't worry about it we don't do any of those things nopenopenope

No. Yes. Sort of. If you have the skill set and want to give it a shot, have at it. However if it’s best practice for a PMT to not touch that asset, it’s on you if you cause more damage.

This is one of those things that varies region to region. In my area, if you can fix it, do it. Nobody will fault you if you vendor it out though.

Example: SBux and Food Ave freezers are prone to ice build up. I can vendor it out for $200-$400+ Or I can take the cover off the evaporator and use a heat gun to melt it off for an hour or 2. A couple hundred dollar doesn’t sound like much but it adds up over the course of a year.

PMT owns plumbing as far as stoppages and leaks until we no longer have the tooling, skill, or time to repair said issue.

No. Yes. Sort of. If you have the skill set and want to give it a shot, have at it. However if it’s best practice for a PMT to not touch that asset, it’s on you if you cause more damage.

This is one of those things that varies region to region. In my area, if you can fix it, do it. Nobody will fault you if you vendor it out though.

Example: SBux and Food Ave freezers are prone to ice build up. I can vendor it out for $200-$400+ Or I can take the cover off the evaporator and use a heat gun to melt it off for an hour or 2. A couple hundred dollar doesn’t sound like much but it adds up over the course of a year.

PMT owns plumbing as far as stoppages and leaks until we no longer have the tooling, skill, or time to repair said issue.
Sounds like a great gig!

HR Leader forgot to relay to my soon to be PMBP traveling to the mall store for training would be okay. Only reason I found out she hadn't relayed it was by seeing her on my way home 4-5 days after my third interview. Luckily I did see her as my HR Leader has been on vacation since that time. PMBP said she'd call my store the following day to discuss what happens next but HR claims a call never asked for me. Not a happy camper.

Also: Welcome to the lowest Position in corporate leadership. We’re a district level leader who’s aloud to be ran over by store side needs and overlooked by the district themselves :( the chaos will be restored once we report back to BPs (hopefully someday soon)

Will happen on 2019 when the pilot we're doing rolls out company wide.

Yesterday I took the initiative to find my PMBP's LinkedIn profile to connect with her and told her what I said in my previous post. This was early in the morning before arriving to work. Soon after clocking in HR tells me she called around the time I messaged and left her number for me to contact later on. Now I know a training packet should be available this Monday and four weeks of training will start the following Monday. My new store has yet to give an offer for my $/hr. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yesterday I took the initiative to find my PMBP's LinkedIn profile to connect with her and told her what I said in my previous post. This was early in the morning before arriving to work

Weird

Uh...ASANTS, but our PMT wasn't allowed to do a certain plumbing job at our Starbucks because he isn't a certified plumber. Insurance wouldn't have covered it if something had gone wrong, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back