1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Interviewing for cashier position

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by orangec88, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. redeye58

redeye58 Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!

Our HRTMs never tell someone they were turned down (especially over the phone); they always say to watch for an email/card in the mail pending further instructions.

2. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Except when they got a turndown email and call us anyways. If the OP did not get an email they should go to the hiring event. Some people are turned down but don't check their email.

redeye58 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    orangec88

orangec88 New Team Member

Yep i never got an email and always check it.

4. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

I got an email saying they weren't hiring and a week later they called me in for an interview.

5. OP
    OP
    orangec88

Okay so a little update. I called another target store not too far and talked to an HR person and she said i can have my application forwarded to her store and she can certainly take a look at it and that i can go to the hiring event at her store and she can interview me over there. So i called the original store i applied to again and magically the system prompted me to stay on the line with a "we are now hiring message, please stay on the line for more details." so i did and i was forwarded to a TM and not a clueless operator lol. So she explained that the HR people are busy right now doing orientations and meetings and that they will not be available after 3pm toda,y when they are not so busy. So for now im going to call back and tell them if they have all their positions filled to go ahead and forward the application to the other store.

HRZone likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    orangec88

Update.

Actually attended the hiring event at the OG store, and had two interviews. the first interview went pretty well with a TM lead. Then i had a second interview with the HR lady, and only asked me two or three quesdtions. shje senmt me home telling me to expect a call for a third interview if they decide to move foward. a lady before me interviewed three times the same time as me and got hired. So i dunno at this point. I might end up stil transfering my app to the other store if this one is a no go.

7. WalmartDrone

WalmartDrone Ex-PA (Wally CSM)

Usually when they do interview at the event they will tell right there and then if you got hired. I would try and transfer the app to the other store.

HRLady likes this.
  8. HRZone

HRZone ETL-Intern

Interview at the other store ASAP.

Don't let the first store hold you on a string by seeing if they find somebody better

Hardlinesmaster, HRLady and redeye58 like this.
  9. TTGOz

TTGOz Team Scapegoat

I'm gonna be honest, I'm not sure a store needs three interviews for a cashier position. Should just be one and done, I can only see #2 interview being appropriate if there are real issues I.E couldn't finish interview, didn't get all information the store needed from you, etc.

10. WalmartDrone

WalmartDrone Ex-PA (Wally CSM)

Two interviews are usually the norm. Never seen a third interview, not saying this is the case but when they tell you "We'll call you back" after the second interview you more than likely didn't get the job.

11. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

For seasonal cashier, ETLs can do 1 and done interviews. Also for HL and SFS packers.

HRZone likes this.