Archived Interviewing for PTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
I will be interviewing for Presentation TL in a few weeks, and was just wondering if anyone could offer me some pointers as far as what kind of answers to the interview questions they will be looking for. I have worked on the Plano team quite a bit over the last 6 months, but my concerns are more related to planning the workload and how to properly manage the team. The store I'm interviewing at still has overnight Presentation, so I guess that's a plus, but I want to make sure I know what I'm walking into.

Thanks in advance.

Run the other way as fast as possible?

I know working on plano makes it seem like you have an idea of what you're in for, but it's the red headed step child of TL positions.
You asked about organization and planning?
Well, the chances of you actually having enough time to do that runs from slim to none.
Your team is going to be made up of prima donas and half trained.
You won't be given enough hours for your team so you will have to take up the slack.

There are actual PTLs who can do a better job of giving advice but take it from me, in 3 years we went through 4 PTLs.
It's not for the faint of heart.

Actually, I worked at the store I'm applying for the position at previously, and the Plano team is very well trained and experienced. Additionally, I have very good organizational skills, and am very experienced at working in very stressful situations. This particular store is a AAA volume store, and availability of hours has never been a problem. The point of this thread was more aimed at any helpful tips for interviewing, as well as tips for planning the workload. I understand it is a very stressful position, however I have worked as Perishables Assistant at the aforementioned store, and had to deal with high levels of stress in that position (I was the only PA due to the other one being on MLOA for months) and I also had to fill in for our CTL when he transferred for about a month. I appreciate the warning, but I'm hoping for a bit more constructive advice.

Knowing the answers to interview questions, doesn't mean you get the job. Spot is known to change its mind, at the last minute. I am not certain if the op has applied for the position or has been approached by upper mgt, yet. It's doesn't sound like they are in the bench yet.

I am in the pipeline, and the main reason I haven't been signed off yet is largely because of the MyTime rollout, and the headaches it has caused for my current ETL-HR. I understand that the right answers to interview questions does not guarantee me getting the position, but giving the wrong answers would definitely guarantee NOT getting the position. I should also mention, I worked at the store I am interviewing at before, transferred to a different store due to personal/financial reasons, and I am greatly missed at my old store. I have an existing relationship with the ETL-HR and STL at the store I am applying at, and just want to make sure I nail the interview.

Actually, I worked at the store I'm applying for the position at previously, and the Plano team is very well trained and experienced. Additionally, I have very good organizational skills, and am very experienced at working in very stressful situations. This particular store is a AAA volume store, and availability of hours has never been a problem. The point of this thread was more aimed at any helpful tips for interviewing, as well as tips for planning the workload. I understand it is a very stressful position, however I have worked as Perishables Assistant at the aforementioned store, and had to deal with high levels of stress in that position (I was the only PA due to the other one being on MLOA for months) and I also had to fill in for our CTL when he transferred for about a month. I appreciate the warning, but I'm hoping for a bit more constructive advice.

I think this about sums it up. you named most of the things you should point out. its about organizations, planning , executing, communicating and training and coaching your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back