Archived Investigations Centers--Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. The guy I saw walk out the door with a bunch of electronics last night will be thrilled to hear this is the way this company is going. Just a few years ago there were articles done about how this corporation had some of the best security in town. Now, they are gunning for the exact opposite side of the spectrum.

This is just terrible. Pretty soon we all we be out of jobs....

I remember being told, at some point ULV & Low Risk stores will rely on nothing but Security Tagging, and Security Monitors (the ones over aisles) for protection. Quite frankly, as AP, were not there to catch career criminals, were there to keep Joe Schmoe feeling uneasy about stealing from Target. And that can all be achieved with better merchandise tagging, and increased use of EAS.

Quite Frankly. For Target's case it makes a lot of since. Instead of "wasting" money on Asset Protection, they can just do more frequent inventory and shift the losses to insurance companies. By doing this, Target wins with less payroll, and still getting the lost merchandise back.

Sure, they'll be push-outs and losses here and there. But, with the cost of zero payroll.. the company will very much come out ahead. It'll only stop when the losses become out of control (think 5-10 years when the insurance companies begin to say things...)

Anyone notice that Tina recently took over AP? I think on her corporate page it says she took it over pretty recently. These changes might be her way of controlling costs. Someone in this thread said that some in corporate don't like the AP image, I think that's probably true with Tina.

http://www.abullseyeview.com/2011/11/target-evp-of-stores-tina-schiel-talks-black-friday/

No - I was wrong. she says she started in 1987 as an AREA MANAGER in an interview... So which is it I wonder?

I'd like to show how I read this:

How are you showing your support for store teams on Black Friday?TS: I’ll meet with Target store teams in the hours leading up to Black Friday and throughout the day. I’m always thrilled to be with the team on Black Friday, and experience the excitement of the day with them. In fact, every year on Black Friday dozens of our executives fan out across the country – donning their red and khaki – to work alongside our team members in the stores, to thank them, to cheer them on and also to hear from our guests. The entire Target team is a dynamic, competitive bunch. We want to win on Black Friday! We all know that only happens thanks to the tremendous efforts and enthusiasm of our store team members. ("Our executives like to go to our stores for 5 minutes and tell the STL's they are amazing for making money on a day where making money is pretty much guaranteed.)

Is it hard to staff your stores on Black Friday – particularly during the early-hour openings?TS: You know, this might come as a surprise to some people, but it’s really not. At every single Target store, the majority of our team members enjoy working on Black Friday and want to be there for the opening. It’s an event that’s just part of the retail culture. When I heard from several stores that news of the midnight opening was met with enthusiasm from the majority of our team members, I wasn’t surprised one bit. While it’s hard work, there’s just this great frenetic energy about the day. Put simply: it’s a lot of fun. (Yes they're excited about getting a paycheck that is a little more than usual. In fact,they can possibly afford food for the whole two weeks between paychecks after the Black Thursday pay. But they don't meet it with enthusiasm. I've found almost all go "These fucking assholes keep pushing it more and more. How greedy." They probably show you enthusiasm because they're terrified of getting fired.)

What will be in your basket this Black Friday?
TS: You’ve hit on the one big downside for me on Black Friday. While I spend most of the day inside stores and traveling from store to store, it always seems like I don’t get a chance to shop! But that doesn’t stop me from having my own “Get List!” I’m hoping to have a few minutes at the end of the day to get some Harajuku Mini items for my girls. I’m also looking at the Lalaloopsy Crumb’s Bake off- Doll and Kitchen Set, which is a Target exclusive. My husband and I love to work out, so I might pick up some new workout gear for him.
(Yes because you don't get those for free. Come on now. We're not stupid.)

So what time will you get up to prepare for Black Friday?
TS: Get up? For me, it’s always too exciting to even consider going to sleep.
(Probably because you're thinking of all the money you're going to be making off the backs of basically minimum wage team members.)

That whole thing was quite foul. Obvs. Damage control to try to show Tarmart in a different light than Wal-Mart... They are the same greed factories! You aren't fooling anyone. It COULD BE BETTER. But nobody is making it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back