Irreplaceable

This Tm quit when I asked why the TM said" I put in a lot of hard work for Target, and no one appreciates me".. I thought to myself seriously, yep that TM works harder than ......???? Ummm...we all work hard . Like Beyonce says " Don't for one minute get to thinking your irreplaceable."...lol

We are kept because we are marginal. We are kept because sometimes it's too much work to not keep us. If the job gets done without any major infractions we are kept. Everyone in every capacity has some degree of "screw it, I'll be lazy but I'll be here" components. So, the wheels of mediocrity roll on and on.

I'm a believer in voicing appreciation for your team, and when I was a manager I made sure I did so regularly. However, now that I'm older and just a peon, I find that I don't really need much praise from leadership. As long as I'm not getting bad feedback, I'm good, lol.

When I first started at Target I established myself as a hard worker and was often recognized for it, which I did appreciate and felt proud. Now I just want to go in, get what I can get done, and go home. I guess that can be blamed on the pandemic. We haven't really bounced back to the way things were, and as long as we have to wear masks and try to keep our distance and be mindful of things, it's just a weird vibe all around. I'm used to it though, and I'm all for social distancing, always have been.

Still, getting a "good job!" or a thank you from one's boss is always gratifying. I find that my leadership is pretty good about that. I understand why the TM in question feels unappreciated, but I think with things the way they are now, a lot of leadership is just trying to get through the day. I see both sides, basically.

Do some googling regarding what it's like to be an airline pilot and you will see we're not alone. Nice starchy uniform, badges, strips on the shirt, graying temples and nerves of steel alright, but read on folks. It's a bitch. General aviation is cool, fun, the ultimate in social distancing.

This Tm quit when I asked why the TM said" I put in a lot of hard work for Target, and no one appreciates me".. I thought to myself seriously, yep that TM works harder than ......???? Ummm...we all work hard . Like Beyonce says " Don't for one minute get to thinking your irreplaceable."...lol
No, no we don't.

Of course it's subjective. But you can't say we *all* work hard.

: stares at pile of cardboard in front of the baler, on the floor :
: glances at fixture room that's a death trap :
: watches cashier reading a magazine, while on the clock :

There's a lot to know about working at Target. It's not about who sheds the most sweat, blood and tears...it's about consistency, reliability, trustworthiness being a team player. We are a team.

Target automatically deposits their appreciation of me every two weeks into my bank account.

No, no we don't.

Of course it's subjective. But you can't say we *all* work hard.

: stares at pile of cardboard in front of the baler, on the floor :
: glances at fixture room that's a death trap :
: watches cashier reading a magazine, while on the clock :
Yeah I got to watch two of them on their phones for most of the night last night, one kept pulling her mask down too.

Be the source of appreciation. It doesn't have to come from a manager and if you are a TL/ETL you can appreciate people on any team. My TLs absolutely suck at appreciation. IMO, when a TL from a different team appreciates you, it means a lot more.
This!! I am a seasonal who was kept on and when I mentioned to a fellow TM my situation (seasonal fulfillment, asked to move to another department and stay on year-round to fill a role for a TM who was retiring), a TL nearby (not my TL) was like "oh good!! You were on my list of people to keep!" and I was very touched.

Not everyone at Target works hard, There’s many lazy and soft people that are hired and doesn’t do well. Can’t say everyone does unless your store legit does. I don’t blame most people quitting this company nowadays.

Oh they showed it with a 500 dollar bonus
Believe me I been very thankful for the money I’ve gotten there and benefits they have and the few great and hard working people I gotten to know. It’s just sad for a retail company who is so successful and one of the most successful in America, It has some shitty values and the hiring process is flawed along with not getting great hours and that there is bias. And we unfortunately live in a world where some want to have beef with other workers based off work ethic or personality in which I don’t care enough to have beef with any worker because it’s stupid and it’s not the streets or something like that so I just do me and try to make the best out of it even when things suck.

Back