Archived Is AAR becoming a total pain for every store now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My STL is getting ridiculous about this. My ETL-Hardlines will at least encourage and try to brainstorm with us to think of different ways of approaching the topic with guests, but STL is consistently doom-and-gloom regarding AAR. We've been struggling to get green scores, and STL threatened that if we don't get out score up, we're "going to have to get new people in Electronics".

Doesn't help that we're a pretty steady store (from what I've heard, I'd say we're probably one of the top 100 busiest stores in the company). We could do well on a number of transactions, but then have a bunch of guests who buy something and don't want to get anything with it. ETL-Hardlines has told us that he doesn't want us pressuring guests for attachments, but to at least make a conscious effort to point out stuff they could use with a product. STL apparently told my Elec TL that we need to make the guest want an attachment. >_<

Well Our store hit a new bottom, 40% Last week. I am keeping Over 100% for the year, and without me, my store would of crashed and burned already, based on my Electronics TL. But All of our issues come from our Frontlanes Not asking for SRP's. Video games, and Small Appliances I believe are the Main culprits. What is everyones single Item AAR? I Had A guest with 12 or 13 Blu-rays/DVDs and An HDMI cable All Ring up, when They bought a Blu-Ray player. And HDMI cables ring up with Blu-Ray and DVD players for me, as attachments.

Yes, it can get an ESP, and Spot wants those because it generates more money for them. But that doesn't mean it counts in the AAR department.

Yes, it can get an ESP, and Spot wants those because it generates more money for them. But that doesn't mean it counts in the AAR department.
That's the problem. We're being told it does. Reporting is such a fubar right now. I've seen cashiers with 200% AAR for upselling SRP's, as indicated by what was the primary and secondary items.

That's the problem. We're being told it does. Reporting is such a fubar right now. I've seen cashiers with 200% AAR for upselling SRP's, as indicated by what was the primary and secondary items.
It doesn't matter what you're being told. They don't count. Nor do headphones (unless they're in a transaction with a legit main item, and even then they only count towards the main item) or Leap Pads or curling irons. Most execs have zero clue about AAR. Which is why the TLs and TMs need to learn the info themselves.

Easy way is to have Mobile ring up Electronic items that people get with no attachments. I have not seen their scores added in to the store score.

Easy way is to have Mobile ring up Electronic items that people get with no attachments. I have not seen their scores added in to the store score.

It does count. That's why the TM report has a different score than the one under the GE section. It's been mentioned in this thread and on mySupport.

It does count. That's why the TM report has a different score than the one under the GE section. It's been mentioned in this thread and on mySupport.

I just mysupported the issues I was seeing with the report. I just sold some SR/Ps with a few items and in the daily report they didn't come up...this reporting is super flawed!!!

I don't know how to get my results to be better, because my ETL and stl pretty much just say "do better!" without any advice or support on how to get there.
:-(

Jeremy said:

This is also a fantastic way to infuriate Mobile.

We have our own goals to meet and without going into detail because I can't, they mean all my time has to be spent doing my job.

I don't push carts or help in toys unless someone asks about something I play with.

That said, I eagerly hand off all chances for AAR to someone who cares about it. And I've helped close more than a few when it's slow or I'm warming up.

Jeremy said:

We have our own goals to meet and without going into detail because I can't, they mean all my time has to be spent doing my job.

I don't push carts or help in toys unless someone asks about something I play with.

That said, I eagerly hand off all chances for AAR to someone who cares about it. And I've helped close more than a few when it's slow or I'm warming up.
Well our mobile person helps us in electronics, gets srp's often. But i also return the favor and help him when i can, promoting sales for them and such.

Jeremy said:

I don't push carts or help in toys unless someone asks about something I play with

So, you are the only one scheduled to zone toys, electronics, luggage, sporting goods $ stationary to closed during the week? Don't forget reshop, too. My question is to you is. How do you close & make sales at night?

Jeremy said:

I don't push carts or help in toys unless someone asks about something I play with

So, you are the only one scheduled to zone toys, electronics, luggage, sporting goods $ stationary to closed during the week? Don't forget reshop, too. My question is to you is. How do you close & make sales at night?
Idk about him, but our non super target, in the process of remodel, Electronics zones Market, or H&B+stationary. Ive worked before with only one HL closer, and myself, and we wave zoned And got out early. Was like that for a week or two, got Team member of the month according to him, and he gave me a $10 GC. We are moving over closer to Luggage, and toys. SO I know itll change, But I know There is no way in Heck I will have time to Do both of those in our store, as we are a pretty High sales store. And toys gets destroyed easily, and quickly. Plus I am in the process of testing out a new method to get more Attachments, but it keeps me in electronics more and less in the rest of HL's.

I got hit with the AAR glitch this week. I had a TM who was out all week "sell" a PS4 with no attachments when on top of it we didn't have any in stock. He also didn't get credit for the Wii U game sale with the console. At least he sold a TV while he was off. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back