• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

COVID-19 Is anyone else's Target enforcing masks?

Tessa120

Current game: Kenshi
Well the team member that was sent home yesterday for not wearing a mask came in with me and put one on. Don't know her well enough to ask her why she wouldn't wear it yesterday. #confused
Did anyone besides the SD actually witness her not wearing a mask? If so, was it while on break/eating, or on the floor/backroom?

If she's been consistent I'd suspect ulterior motives. That's a pretty easy thing to lie about.

Why is there a pound sign before the word confused? Assholes all over the country are pulling guns on each other over the mask rule. Shooting them also. Fuck them all, not worth getting blasted.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Well the team member that was sent home yesterday for not wearing a mask came in with me and put one on. Don't know her well enough to ask her why she wouldn't wear it yesterday. #confused
Maybe she was trying to 'make a statement' (personal rights) & your SD countered with one of her own (no play, no pay)?

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Why is there a pound sign before the word confused? Assholes all over the country are pulling guns on each other over the mask rule. Shooting them also. Fuck them all, not worth getting blasted.
Not a guest, a team member. Not that team members can't be batshit crazy too, but one would hope someone who works here would understand.

Ours is handing out masks and writing down every time a person refuses to wear one when told it's mandatory. So...no.

Also I apologize ahead of time for being sexist.

I worry when they put skinny girls who looks like a strong wind would knock them over up there to "enforce" this. They were picked because of how friendly they were but that does not stop me worrying about when some crazy fool would get violent. Maybe that's why the AP TL was hanging around.

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
When the overhead message says “if you prefer not to wear a mask...”, my mind always finishes it with “get the fuck out of our store!”
I'm just impressed that they managed to actually make things worse by including a wink-and-a-nod "well, you don't have to wear one" in the overhead message. They could have at least made it sound like they had a spine, or reminded people that they need to stay 6ft away from TMs instead.

DBZ

Ours is handing out masks and writing down every time a person refuses to wear one when told it's mandatory. So...no.

Also I apologize ahead of time for being sexist.

I worry when they put skinny girls who looks like a strong wind would knock them over up there to "enforce" this. They were picked because of how friendly they were but that does not stop me worrying about when some crazy fool would get violent. Maybe that's why the AP TL was hanging around.
I went to a target about two hours away from my store and in another state today. They had a young girl sitting at the table out front handing out masks. I said hello to her and told her "I'm sorry you got the shit job". She admitted it had been awful.

Did you all start doing this on the weekend? There was no change at my store yet. Maybe I'll show up and we will be doing this tomorrow. We have lots of people with the noses hanging out (TM and guest) and the Food Ave TMs aren't wearing it at all when they aren't guest facing.

I went to a target about two hours away from my store and in another state today. They had a young girl sitting at the table out front handing out masks. I said hello to her and told her "I'm sorry you got the shit job". She admitted it had been awful.

Did you all start doing this on the weekend? There was no change at my store yet. Maybe I'll show up and we will be doing this tomorrow. We have lots of people with the noses hanging out (TM and guest) and the Food Ave TMs aren't wearing it at all when they aren't guest facing.
yikes

all of this is yikes

Reactions: DBZ