COVID-19 Is anyone else's Target enforcing masks?

Well the team member that was sent home yesterday for not wearing a mask came in with me and put one on. Don't know her well enough to ask her why she wouldn't wear it yesterday. #confused
Did anyone besides the SD actually witness her not wearing a mask? If so, was it while on break/eating, or on the floor/backroom?

If she's been consistent I'd suspect ulterior motives. That's a pretty easy thing to lie about.

Why is there a pound sign before the word confused? Assholes all over the country are pulling guns on each other over the mask rule. Shooting them also. Fuck them all, not worth getting blasted.

Well the team member that was sent home yesterday for not wearing a mask came in with me and put one on. Don't know her well enough to ask her why she wouldn't wear it yesterday. #confused
Maybe she was trying to 'make a statement' (personal rights) & your SD countered with one of her own (no play, no pay)?

Why is there a pound sign before the word confused? Assholes all over the country are pulling guns on each other over the mask rule. Shooting them also. Fuck them all, not worth getting blasted.
Not a guest, a team member. Not that team members can't be batshit crazy too, but one would hope someone who works here would understand.

Ours is handing out masks and writing down every time a person refuses to wear one when told it's mandatory. So...no.

Also I apologize ahead of time for being sexist.

I worry when they put skinny girls who looks like a strong wind would knock them over up there to "enforce" this. They were picked because of how friendly they were but that does not stop me worrying about when some crazy fool would get violent. Maybe that's why the AP TL was hanging around.

When the overhead message says “if you prefer not to wear a mask...”, my mind always finishes it with “get the fuck out of our store!”
I'm just impressed that they managed to actually make things worse by including a wink-and-a-nod "well, you don't have to wear one" in the overhead message. They could have at least made it sound like they had a spine, or reminded people that they need to stay 6ft away from TMs instead.

Ours is handing out masks and writing down every time a person refuses to wear one when told it's mandatory. So...no.

Also I apologize ahead of time for being sexist.

I worry when they put skinny girls who looks like a strong wind would knock them over up there to "enforce" this. They were picked because of how friendly they were but that does not stop me worrying about when some crazy fool would get violent. Maybe that's why the AP TL was hanging around.

I went to a target about two hours away from my store and in another state today. They had a young girl sitting at the table out front handing out masks. I said hello to her and told her "I'm sorry you got the shit job". She admitted it had been awful.

Did you all start doing this on the weekend? There was no change at my store yet. Maybe I'll show up and we will be doing this tomorrow. We have lots of people with the noses hanging out (TM and guest) and the Food Ave TMs aren't wearing it at all when they aren't guest facing.

I went to a target about two hours away from my store and in another state today. They had a young girl sitting at the table out front handing out masks. I said hello to her and told her "I'm sorry you got the shit job". She admitted it had been awful.

Did you all start doing this on the weekend? There was no change at my store yet. Maybe I'll show up and we will be doing this tomorrow. We have lots of people with the noses hanging out (TM and guest) and the Food Ave TMs aren't wearing it at all when they aren't guest facing.

yikes

all of this is yikes

My local Wal-Mart had foot traffic enter and exit on their Grocery side for a long time. I would think that is more dangerous as people are being funneled through one set of doors.

But I guess their policy opened up or someone complained; now both main doors allow entry & exit. In addition, you have to walk around a gated partition in order enter the store. Going through the partition, there is one person checking guests for face masks or providing them. Another person counting guests entering and exiting.

Does anyone know if we can wear face shields instead of masks? Do we have a mask dress code?
Whether or not they're currently allowed as a replacement (they shouldn't be afaik but yknow.. ASANTS), you shouldn't anyway...they do virtually nothing on their own. They are designed to protect you against direct spray (into your eyes) - that's it.

Does anyone know if we can wear face shields instead of masks? Do we have a mask dress code?
I’ll be shocked if they don’t let you wear them. But then again, in the early days of the pandemic, a local Trader Joe’s near me wouldn’t let employees wear masks or gloves because it wasn’t “on brand”, Unfortunately, that had fatal consequences at that store.

Sure. This is one of the main ways to protect yourself from the virus. Because of COVID-19, you can't go anywhere without a mask. Now the most necessary thing to have a mask and antiseptic. At school, children are forced to wear masks in class. It's hard for them to breathe and talk. Therefore, they must have 3 masks with them. And I have to buy new masks every week. My friends and I buy masks at Pandemic Pal. Also, children should have an antiseptic with them. In fact, it is very difficult. It's difficult to follow all these precautions.

Last edited:
Back