Archived Is DTL interivew the final round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmi

I have an interview tomorrow with the DTL for an ETL position. I was under the impression this was the last round but I've read from other websites that this is 2nd to last with the final interview being with a group HR manager.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks.

I agree with ^. But the DTL interview is still really important, so have a lot of energy and be very excited/eager to start. The final interview (after the DTL one) is usually done over the phone in my group.

Can someone shed light or info (or a link with info?) on the actual DTL interview for the ETL position? I have mine coming up in a few days as well and I've been lurking around the forum for days trying to get info but it hasn't been the easiest task in the world, hah! Kinda stressing about it and just wanting to know exactly how stressed I should be and what else I have to do to nab this position? Thanks for any and all help! May you prosper long for helping a newbie.

Mine was:

Campus Recruiter
STL
DTL

I was supposed to have a phone interview with our Group Leader but they job-offered me after the DTL

Thanks guys.

So the interview went well and the DTL said that I'd be receiving a call to set up the final interview. We talked salary and location today, so I think I've got it and they are probably going to make an offer. Does anyone know anything about the Group Leader interview? Is it more of a formality or is it the same as all the other previous interviews?

Huh, interesting. Yeah I keep reading different things online as well. It tends to generally go to Group Leader but some people do seem to get an offer after DTL. Guess it just depends on each separate situation. For the situational-based questions, are they generally like the ones that the STLs asked or are they more difficult?

Thanks guys.

So the interview went well and the DTL said that I'd be receiving a call to set up the final interview. We talked salary and location today, so I think I've got it and they are probably going to make an offer. Does anyone know anything about the Group Leader interview? Is it more of a formality or is it the same as all the other previous interviews?

My interviews were:

1. STL
2. ETL + STL
3. DTL
4. Group Director

I was told by my campus recruiter that if you made it to the Group interview, you were basically a shoo-in! The interview is similar to previous ones. I was actually only asked 1 situational question. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what this interview is like? Is it basically a rubber stamp type of thing since the DTL has already approved me to send me on to the Group HR Director? I know this is the last interview and am just curious as to what to expect and what others experiences have been.

Thanks!

I had expected it to be more of a formality, but mine was a formal interview with 2 more situational questions. They also asked me about my strengths and opportunities (areas of improvement).
Be concise, have notes written in front of you, and smile while you are talking.
They might ask you where you want to be within Target in 5 years, and be careful not too sound cocky.
Prepare some good questions for them, too...
My phone interview with the Group VP and Group HRM lasted for 45mins and I hung up the phone unsure if I'd get the job.
Hang in there -- you can do it! :)

Thanks Redhead!

I feel like you would have to have something glaringly wrong with you for the HR Group Leader to decide not to hire you if even the DTL wants you. I mean, the DTL wouldn't pass me on if he didn't. Everything I've read says that, following the group HR interview, you'll hear weather or not you got the job very soon after this interview. I'm pretty confident I got it but will be relieved when this is all finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back