is icqa a dying department?

our dc stopped using backups, no overtime for icqa team mates ….not replenishing teammates that quit..what’s going on?

Whenever the company underperforms expectations, the first positions to fall to the wayside are merit positions..

If we're not pushing as much freight as we did during the COVID years, I don't think there needs to be more than 3 or 4 ICQA TMs per key.

At my dc they still use backups on day shift but night shift especially a2 has less people overall and take alot of call ins each day so they don't have the staffing to send backups. Especially now when we are rolling 100k plus drops.

They got a new senior who's big on budget. Generally merit positions don't do over time they did last year because the night shift icqa om let them have all the ot they wanted and went way overbudget.
They were also overstaffed by 2 and getting hours cut last spring so when 2 quit over the summer they just got down to where they should be.

They do more than it people know, over audits they fix all the f ups, vendor/upc/ vcp/ssp issues. Help ap track down missing freight etc.. help problems solvers fix/find issues they cant.

Alot of icqa shouldnt be in icqa but they opened up alot of positions at once and nobody applied so they had to take who they could get.

The guys on B2 are absolute clueless idiots, A1 are all to green they just haven't been around the block enough times.
B1 have all worked since the building opened but being b1 some are real douche bags.
A2 guys have all been around 10-20 years and have all worked or been cross trained in every department and have seen it all and know alot from my experience with them.

Last edited:
Our budget got cut this year because of them over-buying last year. I think the goal headcount dropped by 5-6 TMs for my building, so we’d need to drop at least 6 people before there is an “open” spot.
Since Covid died down, everything has been easier, so we’ve been hitting our goals for the week by Thurs night anyway, so there’s really no need to use a backup or get OT unless multiple people are missing every shift.

At my dc they still use backups on day shift but night shift especially a2 has less people overall and take alot of call ins each day so they don't have the staffing to send backups. Especially now when we are rolling 100k plus drops.

They got a new senior who's big on budget. Generally merit positions don't do over time they did last year because the night shift icqa om let them have all the ot they wanted and went way overbudget.
They were also overstaffed by 2 and getting hours cut last spring so when 2 quit over the summer they just got down to where they should be.

They do more than it people know, over audits they fix all the f ups, vendor/upc/ vcp/ssp issues. Help ap track down missing freight etc.. help problems solvers fix/find issues they cant.

Alot of icqa shouldnt be in icqa but they opened up alot of positions at once and nobody applied so they had to take who they could get.

The guys on B2 are absolute clueless idiots, A1 are all to green they just haven't been around the block enough times.
B1 have all worked since the building opened but being b1 some are real douche bags.
A2 guys have all been around 10-20 years and have all worked or been cross trained in every department and have seen it all and know alot from my experience with them.
In my experience it was AP helping ICQA track down missing freight constantly 😁

our dc stopped using backups, no overtime for icqa team mates ….not replenishing teammates that quit..what’s going on?
hmmm interesting. our DC constantly has 1-2 backups every day, at least on B1 even when all IVQA are there. i think they are using backup merit as a way to give hours, when IB and OB and MBP are vleing.

At my dc, if they do need a backup they will use IBPS just for dock audits…even that is rare..

Back