Archived Is it just me or does Target's website and app suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, every time I try to use Target's app or mobile website I get errors. For the longest time I was getting errors loading product pages. Now I'm getting "error loading cart," random crashes, products not being found, etc. I have a Note 3 on 4G, not some outdated technology. I think Target's "omnichannel" (lol) experience sucks ass.

It's never been great. Very unreliable in my opinion.

I fondly remember when the Missoni for Target line crashed Target.com...

Their entire website had issues today. I tried printing out a registry from the TSC for a guest after we couldn't get it to load on the registry kiosk (shock, I know). I had to give up after wasting a half hour trying to get the damn website to load and print. A half hour! That meant that I couldn't get my stuff done at guest services and the GSA was stuck watching guest services for a half hour while I tried to make it work!

I was embarrassed to work at this company when I had to apologize to the guest (who was way too understanding). Seriously...I do my best to help the guests. The least this company could do is help me out by making things work properly on their end.

Or in store WiFi that is just non existent. I almost killed the battery on my phone just trying to get cartwheel to load.

This is not a rare occurrence.

In my opinion Target has probably the worst website for being such a big company. It works so so poorly on my mac. The indians must not be given enough payroll to get their job done either. The coding blows.

I don't recall having issues with the site, but on my iPod Touch, the Target app is very slow and the search function crashes every time I try to use it. If I have to search for something, I just use the mobile website instead - still slow, but less buggy.

Target is known for its crappy website. Which makes any silly idea of Target competing in this area non existant. Target IT has sucked for a long time and much like every thing else they ignore it and focus on other silly things like vibe or being bold etc.

I'd go so far as to say Spot is pretty bad at everything tech-related. Bad website. Cartwheel could be better designed. eHR's browser compatibility (or lack thereof) before it went down last year. Pay and Benefits is pretty non-user friendly. Waited til MS stopped supporting XP in 2012 before deciding to upgrade company computers to Win7. Store-side RWT, Workbench and DC-side DPM are all infamous for lagging, crashing, and indefinite load times.

Target website not working well this week. I was searching for items, but when I selected an item, the next page was blank or no option to add to cart or check store availability. People online were pissed. I sent an email to corp and for once did not get standard bs answer. They admitted they were having technical issues. Ya think?

Honestly, I've never really had that much of a problem with the Target app. The only real issue I have had with the app is it tends to lag a bit when the store is busy and there are a lot of people on our store's WiFi.

Maybe Target should take a cue from Walmart and buy some tech startups. Walmart's been on the tech front like crazy lately.

Their entire website had issues today. I tried printing out a registry from the TSC for a guest after we couldn't get it to load on the registry kiosk (shock, I know).

You don't have the iPods? We just give the guest the iPod to view the registry on and have them scan it at the register like they would the paper printout since our kiosks haven't worked reliably in months.

Their entire website had issues today. I tried printing out a registry from the TSC for a guest after we couldn't get it to load on the registry kiosk (shock, I know).

You don't have the iPods? We just give the guest the iPod to view the registry on and have them scan it at the register like they would the paper printout since our kiosks haven't worked reliably in months.
It's really fun when the registry iPads are down AND only two of the four iPods are working.

No guest over 50 wants anything to do with those iPods. And that's if we can get them to work. More than half the time we get, "unable to connect" or "Oops! Something went wrong on our end!" It's random and sometimes only some have issues, and some are fine. Basically, it causes me to want to drink heavily.

^^ that right there is good use of the sarcasm font.

Our iDevices went live last week, in-stocks still can't use them. And the crash every time you scan something isn't helpful.

Maybe Target should take a cue from Walmart and buy some tech startups. Walmart's been on the tech front like crazy lately.

Have you seen their version of EHR? It's amazing, it even has mobile support.

Also my 2cents on target tech, it blows. I do a lot of back up roles so I end up dealing with their software all day and it's not any better there. Even the newer programs being rolled out are seriously lacking in terms of access to information that's needed to do the job well.

If I am in the back part of the store I can't get on target mobile site nor can I use shopkick or cartwheel.. It sucks for target mobile. They are in one of the dead zones in our store..

The internal network in my store has had major issues lately too, PDAs often won't work in the front of the store (A/B block). It's awesome when you're trying to push product for a POG, scan instocks, do price accuracy...you know, your job?
Ugh....

If I am in the back part of the store I can't get on target mobile site nor can I use shopkick or cartwheel.. It sucks for target mobile. They are in one of the dead zones in our store..

The internal network in my store has had major issues lately too, PDAs often won't work in the front of the store (A/B block). It's awesome when you're trying to push product for a POG, scan instocks, do price accuracy...you know, your job?
Ugh....

Has anybody put in a work order? You may need your routers repaired or replaced, and it likely won't get done without a work order.

Last edited:
^^ that right there is good use of the sarcasm font.

Our iDevices went live last week, in-stocks still can't use them. And the crash every time you scan something isn't helpful.
Great, I do Instocks everyday I'm there. I got to carry two devices?! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back