Archived Is it just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or do all the bananas go rotten in 2 days.
We keep running out of bananas. It's awful.

What store do you work? I'll send you the extra boxes of bananas my CTL keeps ordering. :p
We had the issue that someone had been told to only order 5 cases each time, but didn't realize that's when we have a lot of bananas in the back already so we kept running out. Definitely ran out today but hopefully we should be back on track tomorrow. Although people still get mad they have to pay by the each. :rolleyes:
They will never get over it eventhough its cheaper. You will never pay more than 60 cents a pound every where else there at least 69 cents a pound. Given thats at 19 cents each.

Yeah, ours are normally 29 cents, but when we have a million cases in the back we TPC down to 19 cents. I told them the math works out when you consider the average weight of a banana, but they don't care. Then there are the people who ask where our organic produce section and dry market is. Lol.

Yeah, ours are normally 29 cents, but when we have a million cases in the back we TPC down to 19 cents. I told them the math works out when you consider the average weight of a banana, but they don't care. Then there are the people who ask where our organic produce section and dry market is. Lol.
ours did go to 29 cents for like 2 weeks but they were comp shopped back down. i guess bananas are cheap in this neck of the woods.

Is it just me or do all the bananas go rotten in 2 days.
We keep running out of bananas. It's awful.

What store do you work? I'll send you the extra boxes of bananas my CTL keeps ordering. :p
We had the issue that someone had been told to only order 5 cases each time, but didn't realize that's when we have a lot of bananas in the back already so we kept running out. Definitely ran out today but hopefully we should be back on track tomorrow. Although people still get mad they have to pay by the each. :rolleyes:
Once I told my trainee that you had to type the amount of bananas in. Bitch customer just said "I don't want them then." OK....
Most probably don't notice it because cashiers type the codes fast enough, but when they know they just freak out for some reason. If it's that big a deal just get bigger bananas.

Is it just me or is the amount of poorly trained seasonal cashiers directly related to how many double scans the service desk has to fix?

Could be poor training or could also be a lack of paying attention when you ring. I find it happening a lot with large items or when I try to ring multiples of an item & then try to bag them together.

Is it just me, or are a lot of Holiday Shop markdowns not making it into our registers?

Could be poor training or could also be a lack of paying attention when you ring. I find it happening a lot with large items or when I try to ring multiples of an item & then try to bag them together.

Is it just me, or are a lot of Holiday Shop markdowns not making it into our registers?
I saw one of the GSAs training the cashiers, they were roleplaying getting redcards. When I train I make those secondary to the primary task: accurately scanning things. I guess they catch more flak for conversion rates so they emphasize them more in training.

Damn, my training was pretty much shadowing a veteran cashier for 45 min to an hour and then hopping on myself. Never went through RedCard scenarios, didnt even know how to do the app until I got my first one later that week. Kind of envy that kind of training a bit...

yez and oh hell yes a lot of toys and ekectronics. the pcvs have been massive.

Is it just me, or has the workload been getting heavier/less people to do the work?
Ha, no, not just you. All 1800 stores...

Yep..we had 18 or so people on our flow team to push a 2200 piece truck....6am process

According to a couple of posters on this site, a 2200 piece truck with 18 team members is a cakewalk.

Is it just me, or is location accuracy dropping like flies? Only a handful of stores in my group are green for the year.

Is it just me or is the amount of poorly trained seasonal cashiers directly related to how many double scans the service desk has to fix?

I doubt it has anything to do with training to be honest. No way a cashier needs to be trained to only scan each item once. I mean, it might be a mistake newbies make more often, but I don't think you can blame it on bad training, sounds more like absentmindedness.

I know for me the issue is when I scan an item, then realize my current bag is full, so I start a new bag and then forget if I already scanned the last item that wasn't bagged already, but I typically try to void it, and then scan it to ensure it gets scanned, but not double scanned.

Damn, my training was pretty much shadowing a veteran cashier for 45 min to an hour and then hopping on myself. Never went through RedCard scenarios, didnt even know how to do the app until I got my first one later that week. Kind of envy that kind of training a bit...
We still use the training guide and training mode on an empty register. I know our training is better than many stores, and I understand some mistakes, but seriously how do you scan a $20 item four times when the guy only had one? He said the cashier looked like he didn't give a fuck (exact words) so that's probably it...

the sign says "Happy Hanukkah" where is the sign that says "Merry Christmas" nowhere at Target ,,,,,, WTF the jews rule but christians just suck, lol and don't even get me started with Kwanzi.

the sign says "Happy Hanukkah" where is the sign that says "Merry Christmas" nowhere at Target ,,,,,, WTF the jews rule but christians just suck, lol and don't even get me started with Kwanzi.

That's weird when I did signing there were "Merry Christmas" and "feliz navidad" every 20' or so.
Can't imagine it's changed that much.
Now if they changed it to "Happy Holidays" that's because Christmas has eaten Thanksgiving, Halloween, and is working on New Years.

Is it just me ... would you think a Target would at least carry Hanukkah candles?
Now I understand this isn't New Jersey where there was an entire aisle but an endcap maybe or one shelf?
we have 1 endcap in stationary, needless to say many guests are upset.

Our endcap got flexed over.
facepalm.gif

Omg religious favoritism! :D At this point, I don't even pay attention to the signage anymore. If someone has a problem, take it up with corporate, not me.

I might be late to the game but.. our bananas are .69 a pound. (super target) we only run out if our trainees forget to order.

I fail to see the problem.

Also what about Kwanzi like as far as I'm aware Target doesn't sell stuff for that

The Merry Christmas signs are up front by the registers hanging from the ceiling. I've seen them in every store in my district. So your store didn't do it's signing properly.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how etls are recruiting snitches? In my store they are actually pulling people in the office and trying to get them to throw other tms under the bus...Ie comments they have overheard other tms make about leadership etc. I also know for a fact in my store one of the seasonal hires goes around eaves dropping then reports back to them....

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how etls are recruiting snitches? In my store they are actually pulling people in the office and trying to get them to throw other tms under the bus...Ie comments they have overheard other tms make about leadership etc. I also know for a fact in my store one of the seasonal hires goes around eaves dropping then reports back to them....

Worst. Management. Method. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back