Archived Is it just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is this q4 way slower than last year's

YES IT'S SO WEIRD. I don't get it! The breach was ~last year~

I mean the Walmart nearby just became a Super Walmart so that would affect my store a bit but yeah it's so slow this year

Not slower at my store this year than last year. Our sales are up. We've easily been hitting all our sales goals as well.

Not slower at my store this year than last year. Our sales are up. We've easily been hitting all our sales goals as well.
were 150k below goal mtd.probably because a mall next door opened up. we lost a big portion of more wealthy guests.

Is it just me, or has the workload been getting heavier/less people to do the work?

Less people yes, they hire seasonal people so late that they don't get any one who tries at least for the last two years. Starting people the week of black Thursday does not let people get a clue. And with ETLs who have NO clue dayside sales patterns we are drowning in guests with no help or product to sell them.

Our workload is not heavier, we are light on product and since we no longer have a In-Stocks TL stuff we do as standard at holidays is wrong since the STL has other plans NO TELLS US! So it has been ugly this year. We are constantly being yelled at cause know our job and what has to be done but the order they want it is different. Cause we screw their plans. How about a fucking clue leadership?

And we are one of the stores that is not getting product from the slowdown at the ports. It has been weird not drowning in product.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or has the workload been getting heavier/less people to do the work?

Less people yes, they hire seasonal people so late that they don't get any one who tries at least for the last two years. Starting people the week of black Thursday does not let people get a clue. And with ETLs who have NO clue dayside sales patterns we are drowning in guests with no help or product to sell them.

Our workload is not heavier, we are light on product and since we no longer have a In-Stocks TL stuff we do as standard at holidays is wrong since the STL has other plans NO TELLS US! So it has been ugly this year. We are constantly being yelled at cause know our job and what has to be done but the order they want it is different. Cause we screw their plans. How about a fucking clue leadership?

And we are one of the stores that is not getting product from the slowdown at the ports. It has been weird not drowning in product.

I have a bad feeling about this.
Every other year, toys to the ceiling and in other aisles. This year... Nothing.

is it just me or is electronics the red headed step child

Depends on your ETL. Have a good one you will have support and coverage, bad one - beat like a red headed step child.
thats us right now. ended up closing by myself with 2 vehicles of push a shit ton of reshop, and a trashed zone.:eek:

Mayday! Mayday!
We JUST ran out of our most popular holiday syrup!
The guests are getting ugly (well, UGLIER)!
I NEED COVER!!!!!

o noz i cnt get my fix this totaly sux

Is it just me or does it seem stupid to have "visitors" come and spend four hours walking and scanning signs and outs... To TELL you what's missing instead of actually dropping the batches themselves...?

facepalm.gif
Bloody waste of payroll.

Is it just me or do all the bananas go rotten in 2 days.
We keep running out of bananas. It's awful.

What store do you work? I'll send you the extra boxes of bananas my CTL keeps ordering. :p
We had the issue that someone had been told to only order 5 cases each time, but didn't realize that's when we have a lot of bananas in the back already so we kept running out. Definitely ran out today but hopefully we should be back on track tomorrow. Although people still get mad they have to pay by the each. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back