Archived Is it just my store's ETL's that are "hyperactive"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of a better way to say it. I honestly don't know what they're taking or if target just hires people that have AMAAAAAZZZZING energy. Only ETL's though. My team leads do act pretty normal, they get tired like the rest of us, etc.

And I'm not saying they seem like "I love my life. I love target. Happy. Happy. Brand new day. I get enough sleep". It's like they're always jumpy, jittery, alert, OCD. It's not normal. Maybe you guys are right that target somehow always hits the nail on the head and hires the "right" person that glows with energy.

This has nothing to do with the ETL's / upper management being sociopaths observation from a months ago that I made.

I really do wonder what is going on through their minds. And it isn't to be an ass kisser or because I have grandiose thoughts of becoming an ETL. I'd rather be a cashier than be a damn TL at target and put up with the BS.

You know how we're supposed to be FFF and happy and energetic and all that bullshit around guests? it's like that, except with their team members, i think..
Mine have that appearance too, until you actually get to know them and realize that they're really just jaded assholes like everyone else working in retail. The only difference is that they make like 5 times our wage.

I don't know of a better way to say it. I honestly don't know what they're taking or if target just hires people that have AMAAAAAZZZZING energy. Only ETL's though. My team leads do act pretty normal, they get tired like the rest of us, etc.

And I'm not saying they seem like "I love my life. I love target. Happy. Happy. Brand new day. I get enough sleep". It's like they're always jumpy, jittery, alert, OCD. It's not normal. Maybe you guys are right that target somehow always hits the nail on the head and hires the "right" person that glows with energy.

This has nothing to do with the ETL's / upper management being sociopaths observation from a months ago that I made.

I really do wonder what is going on through their minds. And it isn't to be an ass kisser or because I have grandiose thoughts of becoming an ETL. I'd rather be a cashier than be a damn TL at target and put up with the BS.

It's called a good (positive) attitude. Saying that you would rather be a cashier than a TL is a pretty stupid thing to say.... just being blunt. Why? Because it is negative.

I would probably have agreed with you in the past, but a few months ago I decided to change my life (mostly by being positive no matter what) and going to church. My life was already changed 180 degrees.

I used to hang out at bars/clubs at night, hanged out with guys who had criminal records, and I was in the drug game. I've since cut all ties with all of that, including the people I knew and hanged out with. It wasn't easy, but I've made new friends now.

My number one rule these days? Stay the hell away from people in both my personal life and work life who are negative. There is nothing wrong with being happy and having a positive attitude at work and life. But I would say wanting to stay at the bottom (cashier) would qualify you as one of the TM's I would avoid these days. I would suggest you start looking at ways to change your life for the better instead of attacking people who have tried to make the best of things. I'm not trying to insult you, just trying to give you some stern advice I wish someone would have gave me years ago before I figured it out the hard way.

But I wasnt even talking about attitude or fakeness. Just energy level. The fakeness and attitude is another story.

I guess the ending to my post could be seen as pretty insensitive to TLs. However, it could've been target or it could be another job and i still would have said the same thing. I dont feel bad about it. Its been said on this forum as well and is common knowledge that being in management where you have to present results to higher managers is stressful and a lot of people would rather do jobs that require less responsibility even if you are qualified for a higher position.

I think Spot hires based on energy level.
That's why they get college kids right out of college.
They want people who can pump out jams and energize everyone around them.
Of course no one can keep that up constantly and that's where the energy drinks become de rigueur.
Just as morning people can be annoying to night people, someone who has that kind of PEP! can make folks a bit nuts.
This doesn't mean it's fake, though I suspect that they get pretty jaded after a while.

tl;dr - Spot hires them that way.

One of my ETLs is just peppy. My STL is, too. They get visibly tired and such, but they're usually in excited cheerleader moods.

I don't think there's anything negative about saying you wouldn't wanna be a TL. I don't wanna move up within the company. I'm content in being a TM until I find something better. I think if I was a negative person, I'd be more in the mindset of "well I'll never find anything in my field. Might as well work my way up here."

My ETLs are kind of relaxed, but my TLs are constantly intoxicated with caffine and Monster.

Mine are super relaxed and chill. We're pretty lucky in that way, our ETLs are usually normal people just like the rest of us!

Target hires new ETLs based on looks not energy level. They all look like they jumped out of a GAP ad. The hyper fun attitude should be extinguished in 2 months when we are up to our elbows in Christmas Plastic. I enjoy the fun, and the energy, but not the over the top crap.

Except for one, all my ETLs have been with Target for 89872 years. Idk how long the STLs been there, but he's at least in his mid-late 30s. Based on some LinkedIn Sleuthing, the younger ETL has been with target for a while but prob didn't make etl-level until he graduated. He looks Gap-ish, but he wears awful shoes and he needs a tailor. Orr, I read too much GQ.

My ETL-GE and the STL can be like this. The rest are all basically like "yeah. so red cards. You should all work on getting some. Woo. sales were xxx on a plan of xxx. Good job."
The one that is a spaz is the one no one likes. Their huddles last about 5x longer than anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back