Archived Is it possible to not pass EIT training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quick question. I didn't have the best training and I extended my training by two weeks. I'm days away from ending but my trainer feels like I'm not ready. Things are finally clicking two days from my last training day. Is it possible that my trainer and STL saying I'm not ready prevent me from going to LOD training? I know I'm ready but at this point my trainer feels like I'm not suited for it. But she also doesn't let me talk to her openly.

What training are you getting if not LOD training?

I see. Well, as an outside EIT, you should be learning the Front End, but should be learning LOD stuff at the same time.
I suppose it is possible to put off training you at your own store if you are not ready. There is a lot of Target specific stuff to learn up front, and maybe they want you to have it down before working with your team.

I completely understand. My issue is I feel like they're giving me feedback that I have been able to fix but my trainer is super busy and hasn't seen the work I do when they're not around. So I feel like it's kinda going unnoticed. So the fact that I know front end well enough at this point but is still going unnoticed I guess is where I have issues. Also, I'm just worried they're going to demote me or fire me altogether. Does that happen?

What it boils down to is that I really love the job. I just don't want it to go away and if I was a team leader I feel like I would get bored too soon.

They won't demote you. I think they will finish training you and see how you progress. As with any job, they will keep you or fire you based on your performance. If your trainer is not communicating, ask to meet with your STL.

My STL and trainer are really close and whatever my trainer says the STL pretty much follows. They have a weird dynamic where my trainer pretty much owns the store. My extended training ends in two days and my trainer pretty much flat out told me, there's nothing I can do that would change their mind. So I'm just waiting to see how it goes. But I know when I get into my store I'm going to kick a**

My STL and trainer are really close and whatever my trainer says the STL pretty much follows. They have a weird dynamic where my trainer pretty much owns the store. My extended training ends in two days and my trainer pretty much flat out told me, there's nothing I can do that would change their mind. So I'm just waiting to see how it goes. But I know when I get into my store I'm going to kick a**

snarky-grin.gif

Please don't kick ass. Just do your job. Thank you in advance.

Get to know them cause they will make or break you. Come in like you are second coming of Christ and they will let you flail and fail. I would in a heart beat, why? Cause I know you will be there a year or two then gone. People will work harder for you if they are respected. Remember that. Find out why they do it the way they do. What may look like a time waster may be a time saver on the other end of the job..

I'm in the same situation. What made the training difficult? I'm about to start training as well.

Dont forget to thank your AP Team as well, what we do might seem sneaky but in the long run it will save you headaches.

Change their mind about what?

I completely understand. My issue is I feel like they're giving me feedback that I have been able to fix but my trainer is super busy and hasn't seen the work I do when they're not around. So I feel like it's kinda going unnoticed. So the fact that I know front end well enough at this point but is still going unnoticed I guess is where I have issues. Also, I'm just worried they're going to demote me or fire me altogether. Does that happen?

I doubt it's going unnoticed. My guess is just because a trainer isn't around doesn't mean someone else isn't reporting on your progress.

When my store had a EIT, she actually had the same frustrations when training at the front ends, but we had like two of our GSTLs on that day at the same time so they really helped her and didn't let her work go un-noticed. It's great that they did that, seeing as how they're only paid maybe $16 an hour, but ETLs literally start around $60,000 a year, and they still helped train her in and hone in her front end skills. That's why my leadership is so great at my store most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back