Archived Is it possible to rescind a Two Weeks Notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the question states, I’m thinking about changing my mind on the two weeks notice.

I’m wondering if it’s at all possible to reverse course and have HR cancel the notice.

As the question states, I’m thinking about changing my mind on the two weeks notice.

I’m wondering if it’s at all possible to reverse course and have HR cancel the notice.

Usually you can take it back but leadership may question your loyalty or MO.

There’s been at least 3 people I know who’ve done that at my store in the last year or so. They’ve had no problems.

Maybe.

I know that when someone quits to work at specific fast food franchise locations, they will be back because the managers lie. Promise 40 hours a week but give 5, and are dicks to boot. So I will usually let those people back because honestly, they are living paycheck to paycheck.

But if you were like screw this place...maybe not.

Definitely possible, but it depends on your store leadership and your direct leaders. I've had people in my store who were able to, but I've also had people who were dishonest with me on why they were leaving and therefor were denied when trying to rescind their notice. If they couldn't be up front with me about leaving then I have no reason to believe they wouldn't do it again in a month or so, I'd rather just bring in a new hire.

Depends on a few factors, usually TMs can rescind easily if they’re in good standing. For TL positions and higher it’s tricky because usually as soon as a 2 weeks is put in it’s a mad scramble to hire/promote and train a TL. Once someone is job offered then “sorry you don’t actually have the position” is not an excuse. Just talk to HR and you should be fine.

Had people put in two weeks, leave, hate their new job and come back less than 30 days later. As a regular TM you should be able to rescind it if they haven't already hired a replacement. In all honesty as a TL I would rather keep someone who knows what they're doing for a bit longer and hope you stay than hire and train someone new. Unless you are pretty useless or not that great...then sorry yeah I already found someone (even if I didn't) to replace you. You can re apply though! That would be my answer. Lol

Okay, got a lot of good information. Thanks everyone!

At this point I’ve talked to my HR and stated my case. It’s now up to them and the higher ups.

I’ll just have to wait and see. In the meantime I do have a full week of work left, so there’s that.

Working at Target isn’t ideal at all, but I need something to keep me above water, sort to speak.

Someone at my store put in a two-week notice (I heard beause their leave was denied) then unsucessessfully tried to rescind it. That person is now gone.
Check your motives before putting in notice.

Yes, I did it back in November. My ETL-HR was happy to do that for me. The only downside was I had been already taken off the schedule and out of the system and there was a bit of an issue putting me back in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back