Archived Is my GSTL right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I just have a problem that I need ask about. I always meet guests who are scammers and tells me, for example '' oh this item was 4.99 on the shelf'' and it rings up more; therefore, I don't do it that easy and I usually have someone to check , but my gstl tells me just do it, dont keep guests waiting even with expired coupons she wants me to accept anything, I know I don't care and I should just do what she wants, but that encourages people to scam because I got many of them lying and manipulating. Also she gives the '' apologize checks '' to many guests like candy. What is the right thing to do ?

On the Apology Coupons, it states that they should NOT be given out for policy complaints, guest complaints, or product/sale issues. They deduct the amount of these coupons that are used from your store's requisition account.

It is right to vibe with a guest within $20 or 20%, but your GSTL should not hand out the apology coupons so freely.

One time she gave a guest 2 apology coupons because I called for her to enter the supervisor key just because the guest was nice enough waiting. One other time I had a guy wanted to get 2ooo$ gift card and I did not accept it so I called her and she gave the scammer guest an apology coupon , even worse she accepted the transaction because his ID match bunch of credit cards with him.

Crazy, I've given out apology coupons on maybe three occasions within a six month period. Only once did I give two coupons at the same time. The only excuses I consider worthy of doing so is when either A) Every effort has been made to improve the situation, but a reasonable resolution can not be found or B) There is more that couldve been done/a failure on the part of the store

One time she gave a guest 2 apology coupons because I called for her to enter the supervisor key just because the guest was nice enough waiting. One other time I had a guy wanted to get 2ooo$ gift card and I did not accept it so I called her and she gave the scammer guest an apology coupon , even worse she accepted the transaction because his ID match bunch of credit cards with him.
I don't see a reason that you wouldn't accept a $2000 gift card purchase if the ID matches the credit cards. Relax. She's given you the power to change prices for the guests, so just do it and stop wasting everyone's time.
As far as apology coupons, that's between her and AP or the GE ETL. Did I give them out freely? Some days, depending on how chaotic the front end was. Why should the guests have to wait for us to do our job? It's crazy how much some people really appreciated that $3.

While a $2,000 gift card is a red flag, it is still allowed if the ID and Credit Cards match, You should still make someone aware though as Scammers will get a $2,ooo gift card at electronics, another at guest service and another at the check lanes. In my store $2,ooo is as much as we ill allow someone to get on a gift card.

I don't see a reason that you wouldn't accept a $2000 gift card purchase if the ID matches the credit cards. Relax. She's given you the power to change prices for the guests, so just do it and stop wasting everyone's time.
As far as apology coupons, that's between her and AP or the GE ETL. Did I give them out freely? Some days, depending on how chaotic the front end was. Why should the guests have to wait for us to do our job? It's crazy how much some people really appreciated that $3.

Even if the ID ¨matches¨, it needs to be confirmed from someone higher up. People fake IDs, and they will often use out of state IDs because people don't know how to check if they are fake.

While a $2,000 gift card is a red flag, it is still allowed if the ID and Credit Cards match, You should still make someone aware though as Scammers will get a $2,ooo gift card at electronics, another at guest service and another at the check lanes. In my store $2,ooo is as much as we ill allow someone to get on a gift card.
What about those prepaid Redcards? Is that the same deal? Or do you guys allow that to hit the $2,500 limit I think the card imposes on them.

What about those prepaid Redcards? Is that the same deal? Or do you guys allow that to hit the $2,500 limit I think the card imposes on them.

The prepaid REDcards cannot be loaded with third party credit cards and they have the cardholder's name and social security # tied to them... so they are not really an effective money laundering tool for fraudsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back