Archived Is there a way to get an extended amount of time off?

• Thread starter CrimsonRaven712
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

I am currently working a second job in addition to my Target position. For my other job I am going on a business trip out of the state for about two weeks. Is there any possibility that I would be allowed to take that much time off? I just finished up my probationary period, so I'm guessing that it won't be allowed. I'm just preparing myself to hand in my two weeks notice, which I would rather not do because I like have two pay checks coming in.

I was just curious if anyone else had any experience with taking extended amounts of time off.

You need to talk to the person who gets your time off requests (your ETL & TL) & see what they say. It will depend on business needs. Two weeks isn't unheard of, but talk to your leader before you quit.

I think you'll be fine, if you send in the request with enough time in advance (It's 3 weeks in advance at my store) and you work a popular position like cashier where there's enough TM's to cover your absence. If you are in a specific position where you're the only one in the store who does your job than you should definitely talk to the ETL that approves time off requests before sending the request on eHR.

It will be a hard sell. Usually they are ok with travel, medical leave, or school LOAs but for a second job will be a fight.

At one of my stores, I was working Target + a TV station job. When my hours changed at the station, they were ok with me switching to just weekends at Target. But when I inquired about a LOA they said no.

Just say this on your time off request:

I am visiting family out of state for two weeks, so I need these two weeks off. Your time off request will most likely be approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back