Archived Is there any explanation of why the hours are so low in most stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? All of my co-workers say that last year it wasn't this bad. I work in a Super Target store and we flow should have more hours because apparently most flow teams in all spot stores have more hours but we still have some days 3 hours shifts which really suck bad!

I don't know if it's because low sales thing or because something else. I keep thinking it's because the raise or move to compete with Walmart making $9 minimum. I think that making that move made payroll force to cut hours or something because everybody i work with says they had more hours during all this time (April-June so far) why? Well because January and February (which are the worst ones) are gone and therefore the hours should be up, but seems all the OPPOSITE, I actually had more hours those months.

Another explanation I think is that payment Target had to do to the people that were hacked/robbed during holiday 2013.

My departments have outperformed others. Our sales are up across all of them. Our waste is down. Yet, our hours are getting cut and being given to other poor performing departments to help them do better. They need better management because we are already on rags and bones over here.

BTW how is my store doing?

Attachments

• 20150622_070607.jpg
    20150622_070607.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
My departments have outperformed others. Our sales are up across all of them. Our waste is down. Yet, our hours are getting cut and being given to other poor performing departments to help them do better. They need better management because we are already on rags and bones over here.

Your departments have proven that you can do more with less so you will be rewarded with more to do and less time to do it. Congratulations.

BTW how is my store doing?
They didn't even write in the participation and $ goals at my store, but are filling in the bars anyway. Although, as it currently stands, the $ bar is shorter than the participation bar so it looks like a lot of people are opting not to donate to United Way through Target.

It's the new Target way. Our shelves are bare. Our sales floor is bare. We're running on a skeleton crew 24/7 at this point. As long as people keep shopping here and accepting the piss-poor condition the stores are in, Target will keep finding ways to cut. After all, Brian needs that 7th yacht more than Sally Team Member needs to pay her bills.

I keep thinking it's because the raise or move to compete with Walmart making $9 minimum. I think that making that move made payroll force to cut hours .
You would be correct.

Oddly enough, TMs at my store are getting more hours, but there are fewer people working at any given moment. Perhaps we've ramped up the terms and opted not to replace them?

TAt1M6N.gif

I had to take a cash advance on my Bank of America visa $400.00 to pay some bills. Please give me back my 40 hours.

It does. Less average hours, less team members qualify for insurance, Target saves money. That is exactly what they are doing at my store.
not in the long run. More TMs just ship and leave and HR has to keep hiring new TMs and train them and they only last 2 or 3 weeks before they quit.

Just keep those who want to stay and work hard at 40 hours and cut the other TMs.

Everyone remember the year that we were required to verify dependents?
Corp was able to shed quite a lot of folks & STILL eliminated HMOs & PPOs.
Then they began cutting hours that forced many TMs to lose their full coverage just as they eliminated part-time health coverage.
With all the savings incurred, you'd have thought spot would've been in a good position financially but then Canada & the security breach happened & Gregg STILL got his golden parachute while TMs got the shaft.
Brian is just cutting everything so he can say he 'saved' Target from the abyss.

I think your naive if you don't believe this is a factor. I bet you can count on your hand the number of people averaging over 30 hours who aren't leadership, are single (meaning they have no option to go on spouses coverage) and are over 26 (meaning not eligible for parent's ins.)
Spouse coverage costs a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back