Archived Is there any explanation of why the hours are so low in most stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't it sales? at least at my store it is (or from what i've been told). if we dont meet our goal on sales we don't get hours basically.... which sucks cause like how the fuck is sales our fault?

Pretty much we don't have hours to give. I have one TM with 11 hours this week. Luckily with back to school hours are picking up so now I don't have to feel like an asshole when I make the schedule.

isn't it sales? at least at my store it is (or from what i've been told). if we dont meet our goal on sales we don't get hours basically.... which sucks cause like how the fuck is sales our fault?

Because spending the majority of your shift back-up cashing is no excuse for not driving sales all over the store. Also, MUST HAVE MOAR RED CARDS!!!!!!!1

Businesses should be offering health care and liveable wages because it's the right thing to do. If they need a more selfish motive then they should do it to get better workers and keep people working there.
Attention corporate America. Please discard your wxx-mart business model. There is only so much money anyone needs. See above for best practices. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the journey.

Leadership keeps telling us it's sales but we've been blowing our sales goals thru the roof & have YET to see an increase in hours. Most days are either short shifts or staying after to cashier or zone in softlines (rock, meet hard place).

I feel its a quiet directive to make up for the last few years failures. And what they are doing doesn't work. People won't shop stores with no help, dirty and long lines. Oh wait they will for cheaper prices.

Target fail.. Target you do you don't be WalMart with a better paintjob.

Ignoreing the fact that The Affordable Care Act has been a blessing to so many.

Businesses should be offering health care and liveable wages because it's the right thing to do. If they need a more selfish motive then they should do it to get better workers and keep people working there.

I have a child who was diagnosed with cancer last year , he is not in college full time , but still under 26 !
Under the old law , it would have been up to him to get his own insurance on a minimum wage !
Thanks to obamacare , our insurance ( not target insurance ) covered his treatment ( over $750,000 to this date !and out of pocket was less than $1500) , 9 surgeries to remove various Tumors , a kidney and a lung !
We are blessed , he is in remission.

I have a child who was diagnosed with cancer last year , he is not in college full time , but still under 26 !
Under the old law , it would have been up to him to get his own insurance on a minimum wage !
Thanks to obamacare , our insurance ( not target insurance ) covered his treatment ( over $750,000 to this date !and out of pocket was less than $1500) , 9 surgeries to remove various Tumors , a kidney and a lung !

My best wishes to you and your son.
As someone else who would be in a very bad place without the ACA I think those of us with stories to tell need to speak up every chance we get.

That is fantastic. Everyone, rich or poor, sick or healthy, have a right to be healthy. I wish you and your son the best.

you would think so but we were up over 10% for the month of june..not sure where these extra hours they always preach about are when they say do this and do this and it will help drive sales to get more hours..what a bunch of bs

Even when we exceed our sales goals, the Salesfloor almost never seems to get extra hours... I think that our ETL-HR might be allocating all of them for the front end... :/

you would think so but we were up over 10% for the month of june..not sure where these extra hours they always preach about are when they say do this and do this and it will help drive sales to get more hours..what a bunch of bs
Maybe you will see them NEXT June??? Year over year sales comparison

Even when we exceed our sales goals, the Salesfloor almost never seems to get extra hours... I think that our ETL-HR might be allocating all of them for the front end... :/
If you want to see where hours are going there should be a grid at the very back of the posted schedule that shows what each department got allocated to them and if they were spent.

If you want to see where hours are going there should be a grid at the very back of the posted schedule that shows what each department got allocated to them and if they were spent.

I'm definitely going to have to investigate that during my next shift. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back