Archived Is there any way to get a CA removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so let's take this as a hypothetical situation and give me an opinion invade something similar happens in the real world.

Situation: A TL who doesn't necessarily 'hate' you, but seems to target you over petty things finally writes you up. The reason for the write up (CA) is 'disrespectful attitude towards fellow TM'. However, you meant no disrespect towards said TM, you didn't cuss or raise voice, you just said something sarcastic that it's questionable if even thatcouldve been detected. Also, you both are the only witnesses to this matter and you've also informed this said TL that you feel *insert his name here* doesn't respect you. You explain this to the TL, who simply says "Your intentions may not have been bad, but that's how it was interpreted" and he promptly issues a CA. You thoroughly disagree with the situation, but are stumped as to what you can do as the TL seems to be firmly on that TMs side with "Well if you have issues with him you need to bring it to me each time" yet you're getting a CA on their first 'complaint', even after you said you felt hostility from that TM.

So now, if this were to happen, what would you do to get the CA removed or are you completely SOL?

They are on file CA till 6 months your words against his sol.

You said no witnesses plus he is team lead it like your word against a cop.

You said no witnesses plus he is team lead it like your word against a cop.
Then couldn't you by the same token call the hotline and say that youre being singled out? Wouldn't that be like approaching a Grand Jury over what a cop did?

Then couldn't you by the same token call the hotline and say that youre being singled out? Wouldn't that be like approaching a Grand Jury over what a cop did?
If you try the hotline you might create a target on your back but it is up to you or maybe talk to a lawyer.

Reason I'm so anxious is because though it hasnt happened yet, ive been threatened with a CA by a TL I feel like is always riding me. I 'might' could tolerate the not being promoted for six months, even though I have experience and feel I'm worth it, but being locked into my store for six months without any ability to transfer is out of the question. If my partner moves out of state, I'm going to be moving too.

If you try the hotline you might create a target on your back but it is up to you or maybe talk to a lawyer.

Would that be a big deal seeing as I may need to relocate anyway to a different store and the policy is no retailation.

I can't say for your store but most places unless you have a habit of getting in the faces of your fellow TM's they aren't going to write you up like that.
There are many other things they can come up with besides that if they want to hang you out to dry.

I can't say for your store but most places unless you have a habit of getting in the faces of your fellow TM's they aren't going to write you up like that.
There are many other things they can come up with besides that if they want to hang you out to dry.
That's why I feel something should be done about it if he does come up with this (imo) bs CA. Ive been 'talked to' about how I interacted with a completely different TM, but the circumstances were different, it wasn't documented to my knowledge as nothing was signed, and I admitted that perhaps I had let my temper get over on me because of the blame a TL put on me for what had been that TMs fault. This time, was completely different ball game. I explained my stand point just as I did the first time and with honesty, but said there were no bad intentions and that I didn't feel I had given that vibe PLUS I've already stated this TM seems to be out to get me.

Team member disagrees with a CA, and wants it removed?! Say it ain't so!

Don't do stuff that will get you written up, and you won't be written up. Fairly simple.

Despite the sympathetic nature of most team members here, most CA's are warranted.

What does "ca" stand for in this context?

Their current actions may be a warning to you about your attitude or approach.
Don't give them any additional ammo.
About the only thing you could do is go to your ETL or ETL-HR if you DO get hit with a dubious CA.

If you feel you are being unfairly targeted see your HR. Use terms like hostile work environment and that you wanted to speak to him or her to solve it at the store level instead using the hotline but, you fear retaliation from your TL. If you are being completely upfront with us about what is going on that should take care of it. If it does not, see your STL and say the same and the use the hotline if that fails.

Wow, under absolutely no circumstances can that be over-ridden

Technically, the ETL-HR at the store you want to transfer to could accept the transfer if he/she so chose, but your ETL-HR would almost certainly block it due to the CA.

If you feel you are being unfairly targeted see your HR. Use terms like hostile work environment and that you wanted to speak to him or her to solve it at the store level instead using the hotline but, you fear retaliation from your TL. If you are being completely upfront with us about what is going on that should take care of it. If it does not, see your STL and say the same and the use the hotline if that fails.

Thanks. I blame myself for allowing this to happen. Maybe if I had spoken every time the TM was disrespectful the tables may be different, but generally I'm the type of person who doesnt like to start drama and just generally let's people's attitudes ride. The fact that I may receive a CA over a type of situation most people didn't stress past kindergarten makes me feel pissed. I actually like working for Target, but some of the people at this store are what makes it shit.

Technically, the ETL-HR at the store you want to transfer to could accept the transfer if he/she so chose, but your ETL-HR would almost certainly block it due to the CA.
Then can that be over ruled of it's due to an extreme life event (having to move due to family or health issues or perhaps a combo of both)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back