Archived is this discrimination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guy at my store went out for a TL role. they gave him the feedback that he was "high maintenance emotional" and he is a gay guy. when he addresses issues, such as his TL raising his voice to him and being rude and out and out disrespectful to him, not for being gay mind you, he says they talk to him like he has emtional problems and console him in a condescending way.

since his feedback he tried out for a PA role and then told him that he cant solve his own problems and relies too much on the leadership. SO! he does his best to resolve whatever issues he may come across whether they be sales floor or backroom. they turn around and tell him he cant just address problems when its convenient for him to address them as they come up.

finally he had a talk with his ETL and TL saying he felt unappreciated and how he felt he was working for nothing. both ETL and TL told him there was no opportunity for him at target because its not enough to have good work ethic and be a hard worker.

i asked him if he felt he was getting a run around, and he said they contradict themselves alot with the feedback they give, and when asked if he felt he was being discriminated, he said he didnt want to go down that street.

thoughts?

I'd say they flat don't like him and nothing he does will change that, so getting promoted at that store just ain't happening.
As to why they don't like him, it doesn't matter if it's because he is gay or a poor employee.
Unless you can get proof it is the former they can stick to their guns that it is the latter and that's the case.
He needs to go some place his work will be appreciated.

its funny you say that because he tried to transfer and for whatever reason it didnt go through but he claims they begged him to stay because of the "impact" he makes on the store. he laughed about it, saying it was BS, however when asked why he didnt transfer he said something about the store was lower volume. if they dont like him and they give him 32-40hrs each week then i guess they are pretty much just using him at this point.

It is suggested to document all events. My question is, did they apply for the jobs on ehr? If they did & denied, your friend might have a good hr event.
On the transfer to another store, did they apply on ehr or talk to the other store etl hr?

Tell him to grab a voluntary term form in plain sight of leaders.......and put it in his pocket.
Don't do anything with it yet; just keep 'em on their toes.

Sounds like two different sides and you only know one of them. I wouldn't even bother trying to get into someone else's work drama. You will only hear the bad stuff, and how they are the best and it'll bring you down. Not saying it's always the case, but more often than not people say stuff to make them look better.

It is suggested to document all events. My question is, did they apply for the jobs on ehr? If they did & denied, your friend might have a good hr event.
On the transfer to another store, did they apply on ehr or talk to the other store etl hr?

well as far as applying and transferring, yes he did it through EHR, i know this because i had to help him find the places to do the applications on the computer.

im not getting involved but i am curious if he is being screwed. the dude is pretty well liked around the store by the other TMs and TLs it seems. he's always in the building its rare to not see him there. and he doesnt know i think this, so im not trying to stir things up in his head its just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back